Pics; help.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics; help.........

OK, folks~~my first time EVER to post a pic on the net, except thru email. I'm using "ImageShack" as my host; trying to learn how to do this, I've only put 2 pics on the image host, until I git it down. I've been trying to get it right by using our "Feature Testing" area. I can't figure how to make the pic full size like screen size.
    This is my '81 Special, daily ride for 14 years~~with my Kawasaki Concours tank off the '86 Concours I had new in 1986. The other scooter is a 2007 Concours new~~pic taken a year ago. Disposable camera; have digital cam since then.

ok > this is what I'm gitting when I post pic >[/IMG]
    .........I'm probably supposed to do something else???, on the host end ?? How to get this large, "screen" size?
    JCarltonRiggs

81XS1100SH; WorkingMotorcycle,Not For Show,DeletedFairing,SportsterHL,
    7½ gal. Kaw Concours gastank,1972 Wixom Bros. bags

79XS1100F; ?Parts?, or to Restore?

Hi ONR,

The last option that imageshack offers (direct link) Gives full size:

First photos I ever posted was on here too!

AlanB
    If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

Hey! thanks Alan B; I have learned a bunch from some of your postings. I'll try another pic~~the other one that I've got on the host portal. You'll be in for a treat.

...........also, I figured, maybe this thread would help some of the others............start posting pics...............
      JCarltonRiggs

Comment

Hi ONR,

Thanks for the thanks!....... just glad to let some others learn this stuff with less pain than it cost me!...LOL!

AlanB

Comment

This is an exact replica, "carbon copy" of the '55 Norton Dominator 99 that I bot used in 57; was my daily ride for about 5 years. Paint color same. Everything identical on this '57 that I pulled pic off the web.

[IMG][/IMG]

........hmmmm....it's not wantin' to cooperate......I'll keep trying.
          JCarltonRiggs

Comment

Hi ONR,

You are real close!

Just lift the "direct" line instead of the "thumbnail" version.

You can afford to use a slightly bigger picture size.......

AlanB
            Last edited by AlanB; 05-04-2008, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Got it up to your size; I may have to increase something at the point of the file, in Windows.

.........gonna have to take a bit of a break....brain strain's settin' in; reminds me of where I wuz at last week trying to git clutch basket and spline and all else to mesh..............
              JCarltonRiggs

Comment

Hi ONR,

Looks like you cracked it!

AlanB

Comment

Hey Carlton,

Looks like you've got it! Now, if you'll look at the thumbnail photo you posted in the earlier replies, you'll see the #s below the photos...320 x 240...that is the PIXEL width and height. IF you are using just Windows Paint program to manage your photos, then when you have the photo showing in PAINT, click on Image, then Attributes, and you will see the size dimensions of your photo..provided the UNITs button is on the PIXELs setting!!

I usually try to make my photos aroudn 640 pixels wide, I view the Net and my desktop at just 800 x 600 res, this allows viewing the photos without sidescrolling. Other folks with YOUNGER eyes and possibly newer/wider screens may be viewing at 1024 x 768 or higher, which will just show the photo a bit smaller!
                  HTH!?
                  T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

TC; AlanB :

Comments below; picture sez it ALL >

Yes, that's a breather tube. It'll run cooler and have more power. Proof is, that it takes longer to warm up.

TC/AlanB; this pic was taken with my digital camera. The "Norton" pic, I pulled off the web; and the other one (the two scooters together) was taken with the disposable cheapie camera. When the "breather tube" pic was loaded onto ImageShack~~it "showed" 800x600 227kb, and when I lifted the highlight directly off the "direct" window, like AlanB said, we got the above (size). Of course, there is "four" windows slash four "modes"; make sure you've got the right mode highlighted~~if not, it'll highlight the "forum" window automatically, which gave the small pic. The hard part was putting the digital (breather tube) pic on the host, because I had put those first two pics on two months ago, and couldn't remember how I got the pic from my OS onto the host. A guy walked me through it, then.
                    JCarltonRiggs

Comment

Working...
                    X