Tid14-01 Ignition Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coil Pick up fix

If there is no reading on these wires, then the pick-up coil fix is in order. Remove the timing cover, front left as sittting on bike. Then cut the wires about 1 inch from the pick-ups, square magnets. Using flexible wire, multimeter leads are great and can be bought at the local auto parts warehouse, rebuild this harness from the pick-ups to the plug behind the fuse box. 5 wires, 2 for each pick-up and the ground. reread the ohms, should read 0 or full dial dependent on your meter, same as touching the multimeter or ohm meter leads together. when this happens you have sucessfully made the repair. Much better instructions are located on this board, search "coil pick-up fix". After you repair this, be sure the connections for these leads are clean and properly seated. One at the junction behind the fuse box or right hand panel, and the end plugs into the CDI~ right hand plug on CDI box. the latter was my problem, bike would run about 5 miles and stop, would sit still and run for hours. found the problem when it quit firing all together. HTH
    Red Baron
    Unless you are the lead sled dog the view never changes.

Comment

still have not got going yet

I cleaned,checked what I could electrical con. so forth now I have this problem. My starter will not work unless I run a hot wire to the red white wire on starter selnode.If run one to blue white it blows fuse.Have any ideas?Will see if this works but don`t want to burn something up. Thanks
      Bill Harvell

Comment

Working...
      X