No announcement yet.

Please help i am at a loss and bike week MB is 10 days out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As John said above: "the needle may not rise and fall smoothly in the seat."

If the float pins are not true, then the float will bind from time to time on the pins. The only solution is to replace the pins as it is difficult to straighten them. Also the pilot jets may be your problem. They need to be whistle clean in order to advance the throttle beyond idle.

Comment

BigN84, all the above suggestions are on point. My suggestion is a little more simple. As you mentioned, MB Bike Week is just around the corner. So is my shop. If you plan on trailering down, swing them by here, and I'll get them straightened out. Or take a quick trip to the beach in the car, drop them off, and I'll send them back to you via my wife. We can even meet you half way to pick them up from you. Either way, if all else fails, help is just a short distance away.
      Jim Horton
      Myrtle Beach SC 29588
      843-274-5045

Comment

THANKS !!! i figured out my problems and now i have it running good and looking good. now all i got to do is clean it up and ride. it was actual non of the problems listed although i did go through and check all possibilities listed. i actually feel like an idiot because the problem was that my pilot jets needed to be screwed in the rest of the way on 3&4. thanks everyone for the help and i might have to come see you over there jackhammer when i get into town. i need to see about maybe getting some new mains to compensate for pods and 4 into 2 exhaust. until then i am just gonna ease around and not let it starve for fuel.

Comment

Working...
        X