Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Chain Tensioner Parts

Hello,
    New here and hoping to get some help in finding a couple OEM out of stock parts. Trying to get my 81 XS11 back on the road and need to replace the lower portion of the cam tensioner series. Checked with the dealerships and went on-line to several parts houses, (cheapcycleparts.com, bikebandit.com, etc.), and all show two of the main parts needed as out of stock. Hoping somebody knows where I can pick up aftermarket or used replacements.
    I am replacing the parts listed as #9 through #16 in the Camshaft-Chain OEM schematic. The last 6 parts, #11-16, seem to be in stock on most sites but the first two, #9 and #10, are not available on any site I found.
    Here is what I am having a hard time finding along with the OEM SKU#;
    Chain Tensioner Rod - SKU:2H7-12217-01-00
    Compression Spring- SKU:90501-16493-00

Any tips on where else to look would be appreciated. Thanx

Parts be available....
    So what year XS do you have and
    do you have any pics?

mro
    weclome to XS land

Comment

Most often, the rubber plug falls out of the end, and the locking bolt strips in the body, of the cam chain slack adjuster. If you still have the old one, they are easy to fix with a small helicoil and a cork or rubber stopper. The spring is also a non-critical piece, as it only comes into action for a second during the adjustment procedure. As long as you have a spring, it will be good enough.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Hi CCD,

Those parts are "non-wearing"....... No real reason to ever replace 'em unless you have lost 'em.

If you are realy stuck, PM andreaswiess on this site; he breaks up a lot of these for parts for us, and is great to deal with.

AlanB
        If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

I think andreas is out until the 2nd of may or so. Don't be alarmed if you PM him and don't get a response until after the 2nd
          Yamaniac
          '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
          '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
          '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
          '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
          '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

Working...
          X