Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally starting to work out the bugs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally starting to work out the bugs...

Hello to everyone who was giving me advice a while back.It was amazing what a little ATF did for the compression & rings. I have 140 140 128 & 140 .I was hesitant but it seems to have cured my biggest problem. Now I need to get the bike to stop hesitating when i give it gas,,,seems i have to rev it a bit to start off or change gears & it won't idle by itself,,,,,going to change the plugs first( . I figure the ATF has fouled them )& hope not much I have to do w/ the carbs.I had them rebuilt a couple years ago & haven't done much w/ the bike since. Anyhow,just want to thank everyone for their informative threads,, I read a lot although I don't reply much. I'll be back with some questions soon. : ) Mechanical & cosmetic !
    Last edited by QRFan; 04-28-2008, 08:21 PM.
    It's just me at the edge..........waving

Hey there QRFan,

Welcome back. Okay, hope you aren't still running the engine with ATF fluid in the oil?

You really need to EDIT your profile either putting in what YEAR your Special is, or add the bike description to your Signature!!!

1 word...SEAFOAM!!! But also, recap for us what have you done to the bike, what mods like exhaust/intake it has, etc.!!! What are the sizes of the jets, mains/pilots?

The more we know about it the better we can help!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

1 word...SEAFOAM!!!

That might help
      But your 79 SF has been sitting for a couple years ? and 6/8 years before you had some work done to it...
      (went and looked back at your post in 06 )

Sounds like it's past time to pull the carbs for a propper clean and adjust...

mro
      BTW, since then now have a 79 special as my daily ride too

Comment

Working...
      X