Bandit 1200 Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandit 1200 Carbs

Anybody have any info on these. I have been scouring net, forums trying to find the carb spacing info. I haven't seen anyone post about these here before....I want better carbs for the 1200 big bore kit
    MDRNF
    79F.....Not Stock
    80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

I used the carbs from a '96 Katana GSX1100 on my 1100 Special. They are the same as the ones on a Bandit except for a few jet changes. The stock jets in the '96 Katana GSX1100 carbs worked but I had to make some spacers to mount them. Diameter is the same but spacing is slightly different. Info on how I did that is here: www.arizonasteve.netfirms.com/XS1100Carbs/
    72 TS185
    77 XS750
    78 SR500
    80 XS850
    80 XS1100 Midnight Special
    81 Seca XJ750RH

Comment

bandit carbs

so the earlier bandit 1200 carbs would space-out correctly since the bandit engine was basically a gsxr motor from the start?
      MDRNF
      79F.....Not Stock

Comment

No, the 1200 carbs won't space-out correctly. The center two are too far apart and you have to shorten the supports so they butt up together. It's not hard to do though.
        72 TS185
        77 XS750
        78 SR500
        80 XS850
        80 XS1100 Midnight Special
        81 Seca XJ750RH

Comment

ok

I see. I wasn't sure about the 1200 bandit carbs because I have a pristine set of Bandit 1200 headers (stainless) going on my final chop and the middle two headers need to move in by that much to match the XS head.
          MDRNF
          79F.....Not Stock

Comment

headers

xschop are you going to cut them and weld them to fit.
            as ever bill
            bill hane

Comment

zacly

exactly. the inner two headers are have a junction before the collector and the outters do too.
              MDRNF
              79F.....Not Stock

Comment

Working...
              X