Truly in love with my XS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truly in love with my XS!!!!

I have had dirt bikes and small road bikes since I was five years old. I loved riding. My first real road bike was an old 750 four honda. It was nice and I fell in love with the road. It was not until I got my 78 XS that I fell in love with a bike.

This is my third year of enjoying the old girl, and the first year that I have had to put real money into her. I have not even been out on the road yet. I told myself that before I insured again, she would have new tires, coils, clutch and brakes. I am still waiting for a pressure plate I cracked while tightening the clutch springs.

This may sound strange, but the more money and time I spend getting everything in tip top shape, the more I love it. I drank a six pack the other night just admiring the bike on stands in the garage. She is truly timeless.

I have had bikes that are faster, better handling, and more comfy on long rides. I have had bikes with more chrome, better paint, and big ol' fat rear tires. However, I have not had a bike that exhilirates me just by firing it up! I have tried to explain this to others, and everyone except other XS owners look at me like I am a mad man.

It is an honor to read other people's love for 30 year old perfection!

Birch,

You are mad, we are all mad. I couldn't have put it better myself!

Comment

Working...
    X