Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this the right grab bar and taillight for a 79SF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this the right grab bar and taillight for a 79SF?

I have heard that this grab bar and light are not the factory set up for a 79 special. is this true? take a look

thanks.
    1979 XS1100 SF "Black Goblin"
    -Pod Filters
    -4-1 pipe
    -larger jets for carbs
    1982 XJ1100 "Black Sheep"

79SF has a round grab bar and a square light with 2 round reflectors. I can snap a pic of mine if you need one as my bike is semi stripped at the moment.
    I hate signatures. Too many cars and Bikes to list here.

Comment

yeah, that would be cool, seems like my bike has a lot of original stuff but small things here and there that are not so much. i.e. this grab bar on my bike.
      -Pod Filters
      -4-1 pipe
      -larger jets for carbs

Comment

That's a 1980 SG brake light and mounting, so is the grab rail and the licence plate light. Made me think it was a photo of an SG till I saw the brake rotor didn't have slots.
        Brian
        XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
        Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

tailights/bar

Rear fender is most likely from a 81 which had the license plate light and used the larger rectangle style rear tailight from the std model mounted to a bracket to hide the back of the seat. If you need a 79sf rear chrome rail and factory tailight assembly send me a PM I have both. Do not have the proper rear fender. andreas

Comment

Here is the proper tailight and grab rail for a 1979 XS1100SF Special. Tail light courtesy of Andreas just last week I really like that grab bar better than this one (note that I do not even have it installed). Does it fit with the stock seat? I eventually intend to replace the Corbin Sentry (for a Goldwing) that is on there now?

Dave
            1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

the grab bar that is on mine right now works fine with the seat, but now i have this thought that maybe the seat that is on it is not a 79 seat
              -Pod Filters
              -4-1 pipe
              -larger jets for carbs

Comment

here are some pics of the seat.

dont think it is the original for a 79SF
                -Pod Filters
                -4-1 pipe
                -larger jets for carbs

Comment

That seat fits an 80 or 81 special.
                  Andy

Comment

grab rail

I have an '80 special that has the same grab rail as yours. The PO had an aftermarket highback touring seat put on at the dealership when he bought the bike. That rail came with the seat. I also have his original factory seat that has never been ridden on. It does NOT fit with that rail. The seat is too long for the rail. I would like to find a factory rail so I can use the flat seat once in a while. Or maybe I will see if someone here would like to make it worth my while and take it off my hands?
                    Bill

1980 XS 1100 Special
                    1979 650 Special - sold (Stupid Me!)

Comment

well i have the rail in the picture and another one that is off a midnight special so it is gold...I will be getting rid of both of them soon, seeing as i bought a seat w/rail and the cowl.

I think at least one of them and the seat is going to my brother for his XS Frankenstien.
                      -Pod Filters
                      -4-1 pipe
                      -larger jets for carbs

Comment

rear grab

the grab yo have a pic of the crome to the sf 1979 model would j love to buy j have been looking all over the world . or mayby y now where j can find one

so long brian

Comment

Working...
                        X