exhaust questions????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust questions????

Which is better, 4 -1 pipes or 4 -2 pipes? I would like to see a picture of the fatboy muffler conversion talked about in the tech tips if anybody has one available. Also has anybody performed a similar conversion on the 4-1 setup? Thanks in advance for the help
    Daniel Harmon
    1979 SF
    1985 Yamaha IT200

Well XS11er, I must say I thought we had placed all the picts for that mod on the web site. Gary? Mike? JP?

Anyway there are some pict on the old Yahoo list HERE
    But you will have to join the group to see them. If you cant get to them PM me and let me know and Ill see if I can email them to ya.

I know Nasville Bill, on the list, has done this mod because I sold him the Hardley muffs myself. He can tell you how they worked out too.

Ride Safe.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Just what I was lookin for as far as the pics go. Thanks a lot
      Daniel Harmon
      1979 SF
      1985 Yamaha IT200

Comment

I have been able to attach the R6 & R1 muffler to the Jardine painted 4:1 header. I picked the mufflers up on eBay for under $70 a piece.

The muffler hanger was fabricated out of 3/8" aluminum rod and 1/4" aluminum flat stock. The muffler has a 2 1/4" ID pipe that I adapted to the 2" header pipe with a reducer from a local automotive store. Welding of the hanger and adapter are required.

I have done three of them to date. I just completed attaching the R1 (Titanium) by replacing the complete header pipe, from the collector back, with 2 1/4" pipe (no pictures yet).

The performance of this system has been excellent. It produces a nice low purr at idle and a very healthy low tone at speed. It is very stealthy, all I hear, as the rider, are my carbs. Great for blasting off the line without broadcasting for 4 blocks in all direction. I also gained an increase in gas mileage.

DZ
        Vyger, 'F'
        "The Special", 'SF'
        '08 FJR1300

Comment

WOW Denny, very nice XS there! I like it. I have wanted to get an XS to modify to a muscle bike. Looks like you've done a great job.
          Thanks for sharing the pict.

Ride Safe.
          [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
          [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
          The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

pretty sweet lookin ride. Thanks a lot
            Daniel Harmon
            1979 SF
            1985 Yamaha IT200

Comment

Working...
            X