compression test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeremy,
    I think you can still get new valves from Yamaha. If you DO have a bent valve, you may need the guide as well. Just a valve should be about $18 to $24 new, IIRC. Good luck with the tests!
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay
      Jeremy,
      I think you can still get new valves from Yamaha. If you DO have a bent valve, you may need the guide as well. Just a valve should be about $18 to $24 new, IIRC. Good luck with the tests!
      Hey Ray,

Those may be Mechanic's prices, but dealer that I bought from years ago got $35.00 EA!!!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I had a machine shop do my heads and they told me one valve was about $70. That sounds right, including mark up, and shipping. They also told me they could get a complete set for around $350. That did not sound right, but, I went with the one valve since they told me the others were in really good shape and would do a three sided grind.
        My point is that if you suspect other valve problems now or in the future you may want to look into a after market complete set.?. I do not know were they were getting them and am not trying to send you on a wild goose chase. Just trying to help.

Hey T.C.,
        Haven't seen a post in a bit, have you been working on those S.O.F.C.A's? Or you got something else up you sleeve? Just saying hi!
        Flatlander

'81 XS11H

Comment

Working...
        X