Handle bar control replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handle bar control replacement

Has anyone tried the 24-2058 and 24-2060 controls from MikesXS? I'm interested to see if they'd work on my 1979 XS1100 Special. I swapped out the buckhorn bars with the euro handle bars. The guys at MikesXS are quick to say that they've never tried it with anything other than the 650 but they look identical to my old beat up controls.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Hi Special,
    Mike won't admit that anything he sells will fit on any other bike than an XS650.
    I haven't tried Mike's switches on my XS11 but they sure do look the same. I'd put my money on the actual switches being identical between the 650 & the1100 but the wiring may perhaps be differently colored and the plug-ins on the end of the harness may have a different wiring placement &/or be of a different shape. Nothing that skillful solder & shrinksleeve work won't fix.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Like a Glove.

Yes,

Yes the MikesXS controls will work. I used them on my '79 Special. The plugs are different but you can splice/soldier them to your old plugs. They both match color for color with the clutch side having one wire left over (which doesn't hurt a thing)! Good luck!

-Scott
      1979 XS11 Special (slightly modified)
      dubbed the "Mad Mosquito"

MikesXs Pod Filters
      MikesXs 35k Coils
      8mm plug wires
      42.5 Pilots 142.5 Mains
      (Carb tune by GNEPIG Performance)
      Kerker 4-into-1
      Shaved emblems
      Progressive frt springs lowered 1.5"
      Progressive 11.5" rear shocks