throttle stickin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle stickin

alright i was having problems getting gas to cylinder... well now that is fixed don't know how but it worked it self out.... like i said i a new to the bike... and my throttle is now stinkin and not coming all the way back... and then when cranked and a little gas is given it high revs... i guess the problem when looking at it is the throttle contection arm isn't going all the way back on the idle screw... anything will help it is an 81 xs1100 special...
    b

"Several things..."

Could be that the throttle cable is routed improperly or could be pinched/binding under the fuel tank.

Cable is rusty inside the outer sleeve and needs to be lubed.

Throttle cable is adjusted too tight. You need a certain amount of slack at the handgrip. Most times, when the cable doesn't have enough slack, when you turn the handlebars to the right, the engine revs. It may not always do that, but a too tight cable will cause the RPM to hang/throttle plates to not reclose.

Of course, there's also other oddities.
    Being new to the bike, who knows what was done earlier?
    The previous owner may have dicked up the carb synchronization in an attempt to get it to run.
    One throttle plate could be all the way closed and the other three open a bit with the throttle connection arm not touching the adjuster screw.
    Hard to say without actually looking at the machine.
    Try the cable adjustment at the handgrip first.
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

fixxed it was all kinked up at the grip from were my buddie was messing with it the other night being speed racer.... so it is all good and running right now... hopefully no more guestions on carbs for awhile ha....

thanks
      b

Comment

Originally posted by importdude247
        it is all good and running right now... hopefully no more guestions on carbs for awhile ha....

thanks
        Yeah Right, We'll see
        John
        Now: '78 XS1100E 750 FD Mod (Big Dog)
        '81 CB900C ( 10 Speed)
        '78 CB750F ( The F)
        '76 CB400F ( The Elf)
        New '82 Honda MB5 Ring Ding
        Then: '76 CB550K
        '78 CB750F
        '84 VF1100S
        And still Looking!