rear signal lights & seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear signal lights & seat

Hi Folks. Looking for some advice. Had a mishap in my garage last week and my left rear signal light got snapped off. I decided instead of trying to find a replacement I would look to move the both signal lights behind the seat to give me room for saddle bags. Any suggestions for what and where to look?

I am also looking for advice on changing the original seat. My wife likes the bike as well but she finds the rear seat too narrow and after an hour very uncomfortable. Can the original seat be modified or replaced with a more comfortable seat for a passenger? I am riding a 1982 XJ1100 Maxim

thanks Fritz ( Dave )

rear signal lights

Hey Fritz,
    I recently added added a flashing brake light system to my XS to compliment the factory light. The same company has amber lights that may work for you. These are LED arrays that are encased in a 2" X 6" sealed unit. I bought a regular 12" X 6" license plate mount and the LED arrays fit perfectly on each side of the license plate. That could be a solution for you.
    Here's a link to where I got the idea:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/m...-brake-lights/

I find this site to be very useful. Not as useful as our beloved XS11.com but very informative about many other products.
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Hey Fritz,

Do a Forum Search for "Relocate Turn Signals", and you'll find several threads about it!

Several options, adding a mounting bar to the rear brake light housing, or smaller ones bolted to added plates bolted where you can put them on the seat frame area!? OR even onto the saddlebag frame/wheel protection supports, or even ON the bags if you are getting hard bags!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
      X