K&n Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&n Question

IM INSTALLING A K&N AIR FILTER DO YOU HAVE TO GET THE FOAM THAT SITS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THESE TO LIKE THE ORIGINAL FILTER HAD, THANKS, MIKE
    mike.s

No, the K&N filter is a complete unit by itself.

K&N often sells a 'cover' that goes over the filter, optionally, as an extra level of filtration, but it's usully only needed if your racing in the sand, or other really dirty environments.

I don't think they make this cover for motorcycle filters, though. I have one on my Monte Carlo.
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

i like my uni, but be careful of the cotter pins in the screws snagging on the uni's foam, i removed the pins,

with the k and n be careful your stuck floats are fixed, gasoline pouring into the air box shrinks and hardens the rubber on k and n's and then you can't uses them.
      "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
      History
      85 Yamaha FJ 1100
      79 yamaha xs1100f
      03 honda cbr 600 f4
      91 yamaha fzr 600
      84 yamaha fj 1100
      82 yamaha seca 750
      87 yamaha fazer
      86 yamaha maxim x
      82 yamaha vision
      78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Very good point about those pins, Mason!
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

rizzo4u2;

Noticed that you lost your bid on the TCI box. Seller had it listed as an '80, but it was actually a 4RO model for an '81. If you were getting it for your '79F, it was the wrong box anyway. The TCI changed in '81. If you're going for a spare, get one with a 2H7 part number.

Comment

yes i no, after looking at it a little more clearer, i no it has to be the TID14-0 1 2H7-10, i was hoping to loose that bid, the e-bay god was with me on that one, but i hope he will be with me on the 79 carbs, good call thankyou
            mike.s

Comment

Working...
            X