forward controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forward controls

I like the forward controls. They are the ones off e-bay but do not buy the linkage kit it sucks. Had to have a set of custom linkage made to accomodate also the way they mount puts a significant angle on the links and I dont like that so with a little work they could be perfect.

I'd rather have a set of foot boards but I cant find any
    Ego Sum Meus Frater Custodis...

If you do a search on forward controls or floorboards you will find several threads that address this topic.

To be brief, Markland did sell a kit for the XS, and they come up on eBay or this list from time to time, not often. One member modified a early Honda Goldwing set and got it to work, otherwise you are looking at custom work.

Floorboards....
    I use a set of mini-floorboards designed for HD bikes that use a female socket. Drag Specialties makes them. They are adjustable for height plus forward - back positioning. I found the angle to the ground to be quite important for long-haul comfort. I also use a heel-toe shifter with this arrangement, shortened about an inch on the heel side to get the best fit for me. My boards are set a bit lower than stock pegs, so I've lost a bit of ground clearance, but find them quite comfotable on long-haul trips. Better angle on the knees. Shifter is from a Honda Trail 90.

One of the floorboard threads is:
    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ht=floorboards
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Jerry,

NVM. Posted THEN looked at the link.
      1982 XJ1100J "Horse with No Name"