Not house broken yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not house broken yet!

So I go out to take a spin on the ole XS and notice a puddle under the left front caliper. Figureing the local cats had once again come in to mark there territory I just wipe it off. After the ride I find "stuff" on the fender and the caliper kinda wet. Out comes the can of brake cleaner. Hmm, bleeder not loose, no seepage around the piston. Kickin back to down a cold one, I again look around for a leak. Arrrugghhhh, seeping around the crimp on the brake hose. Looks like stainless steel brake lines went from a "wanna do" to a "hafta do". Oh the pain I lament to the SWMBO. There goes $150 bucks. "Quit your whineing and fix it" she replies. "Ok", I reply, "what about the big bore kit?", I inject to the conversation. "Hows it running" she asks. Runs fine, I retort with some indignation in my voice. "When it starts running crappy then you can bore it out" she says and heads back into the house. Makes a quick stop at the door and turns around, "and don't be doing nothing to it to make it start running crappy, I know brake lines have nothing to do with how the engine runs". Yes dear.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

I feel ya, webb. I regret finding a smart woman every day ! You can get custom lengths and fittings for less than $150 at Z1E. Oh, and just so you know, this is karmic payback for all that good Texas riding weather while the rest of us suffer.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by 81xsproject
      Oh, and just so you know, this is karmic payback for all that good Texas riding weather while the rest of us suffer. [/B]

So I guess you don't wanna hear about our 75 degree high for tomorrow?
      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

If it got to 75 deg. around here....we'd be sweatin our tails off. When it gets up to 50 in the next few weeks, we'll be taking our coats off.
        better be careful round your woman... she's on to ya!
        79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
        79 SF parts bike.

Comment

"I'm glad I'm divorced..."

As I now control the purse strings.. I can lie to myself and get away with anything!
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Working...
          X