How does one bench test 79 Speedo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey yamahansolo,

I look tomorrow for a tool I have that is perfect for removing the lip around the speedo. Then I'll post you a pic of what it looks like. Maybe someone here knows what it's called. I don't know what it's really called but I call it a church key. It looks like a bottle opener on one end and on the other is flat hook. Perfect for grabbing and hooking the lip. I can have a speedo apart in five minutes. I was told it is used to open paint cans. I'll look to see if I can find where I put it up at.
    Chris

79 XS1100 Standard aka: Mutt
    87 Honda TRX350D 4X4: Old Blue!
    93 NewYorker Salon: Sleeper...
    71 RoadRunner 440 Magnum: Mean Green!
    69 Charger 440 Magnum: Pleasure Ride!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

Paint Cans

And Beer bottles.

Comment

Well I guess I couldn't wait. So I went ahead and found it. It had been so long since I had been to photobucket that I forgot what it was called. So any way here it is.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This is perfect for removing the cover on a speedo. I don't know the name of. So anyone who knows what it's called please let me know.

Also to yamahansolo, when you go to put it back together I use a pair of channel locks to crimp the lip back down. Just take a shop cloth and fold it a few times and place it on the outer lip. Then squeeze. Do a little at a time. Work your way around. You shouldn't have to squeeze to hard. If done right you will never see a mark. The only give a way would be the lip on the bottom. But that's covered by the seal to the base. Just don't let the channel locks or what ever you use slip as it hurts like H3LL but also scratchs the side of the cover.

And yes John you can use it to open a beer

But I prefer my Beam&Coke
        Chris

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

and now back to ....

Yes it is a nice paint can lid opener

Andreas sent me a new/used speedo unit that works as Yamagod intended.

RJN
          79 XS11 Standard F stock "Big N Blue"

Comment

Well it may be a nice paint lid can opener but it sure does make a easy job of opening up a speedo. No jamming or cutting your fingures with a screw driver.

I call it a speedo can opener.
            Chris

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

Working...
            X