Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID conversion and headlight modulator compatability

Hi,
    I just read the product eval by Sbrogden and Dennyz regarding the HID conversion. I am curious if the HID will work with the Kisan Pathblazer modulator I just installed on my '80G? The Kisan just plugs in between the back of the headlamp and the connector. Works great, except for the idiot light that blinks at me all the time. Is this the RLD indicator telling me something? And, as I read in other threads, can I remove it without causing other problems? What exactly is it for? What is its purpose?

BTW - I also just installed a pair of 21 LED arrays on either side of my license plate which blink three times before staying on when I apply the brake. Here's a link to the site where you can get all the information about this very cool and relatively inexpensive project. Increase your visible presence on the road folks.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/m...-brake-lights/

After all, 90% of the drivers involved in accidents between cagers and us claim they didn't see us.
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

I wouldn't think the two wouldn't work together. The HID has long warm up and cool down times. I read something about this, anyway. Doesn't seem like that would modulate.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

I didn't think it would take well to modulation either. Thanks for getting back to me.

Did you check out the link to the LED brake light flasher project?
      1980G Standard, Restored
      Kerker 4 - 1
      850 Rear End Mod
      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
      Automatic CCT
      1980GH Special, Restored
      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

No, I haven't seen it. I still really want a brake flasher. I was just too cheap last time I looked at them.
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

I completed the entire project for under $60.00. Instead of the alumicore the author recommended ($20), I got a license plate mount (6" X 12") made by Bell ($8) from WalMart.
          btw - I did not cut into the brake wire lead, I just tapped off it so that in case the flasher system failed the original brake light still works as intended.
          I encourage you and others to look at that link and consider it. I've gotten many comments while waiting at traffic lights about its effectiveness.
          1980G Standard, Restored
          Kerker 4 - 1
          850 Rear End Mod
          Automatic CCT
          1980GH Special, Restored
          '82 XJ1100 (Sold)

Comment

Working...
          X