No announcement yet.

my ride....what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMIX - i use the electric starter most of the time, but everyonce in a while i just feel like using the kicker. Also, my starter clutch is starting to go out, and i know its really hard to replace/fix, so i use it when the starter clutch is acting up. im pretty suprised how easy it is to use the kicker. i thought it would be harder to turn over a 1100cc engine. i can usually get it by the second kick.
    79 standard
    kerker 4 to 1
    K & N drop in
    6K HID
    frame chopped with one of a kind seat
    may other upgrades....

Comment

Audi, I was going to go black with mine but when I cleaned them up to paint they started to shine so I ran with it.

Brew, I just used some polishing wheels and compound from Ace Hardware. After I was done, I found an aluminum polishing kit at Steve's Tool's (don't think you have that in CA) but it was only $17 and included even more polishing wheels than I used.

You clean the forks with Mineral Spirits and get to work polishing with a cordless drill. Like I said, only took one saturday of working to make them shine like a mirror. To me paint wouldn't last as long and is more likely to chip from rocks being right up front.
      1979 XS11 Special (slightly modified)
      dubbed the "Mad Mosquito"

MikesXs Pod Filters
      MikesXs 35k Coils
      8mm plug wires
      42.5 Pilots 142.5 Mains
      (Carb tune by GNEPIG Performance)
      Kerker 4-into-1
      Shaved emblems
      Progressive frt springs lowered 1.5"
      Progressive 11.5" rear shocks
      Harley Dyna rear fender chopped