standard fender mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standard fender mod?

i am about to do a search but sometimes they turn up nothing... so has anyone done a fender mod it there standard? i have the cafe style seat with the plastic bubble on the back. i was wondering if anyone has removed the chrome fender and drilled the lights and tag right into the plastic seat cowl?

i would love to see pics of this if anyone has them? i may just leave it alone though because of how clean the bike is.

i do think it needs some stickers somewhere though. either a big tuning fork on the cowl or one on each side of the tank??? also i thought about cuting a carbon fiber tank protcter for the sides of the tank were the knees go??? i may photochop a pic to see what it might look like. or since it's yamaha blue i thought about getting maybe some stock yamaha sport bike stickers from maybe a blue 98 yzf 600r they are little squares that go across the gas tank??? any ideas?
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

fenderless

Do a XS650 search and you will see them. There are many cafe bike photos @ www.650motorcycles.com Be prepared to sort through many choppers and flat trackers.

Bear in mind that the XS1100 is a much longer (and larger) and may not lend itself as well to the look. I liked the style Bob Jones was doing them in, other than the paint too busy for my taste.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Back in the late '90s, I tried a going rear fender-less. I fab'ed up a bracket to hold the tail light and license plate. It looked OK, but sucked in the rain. People behind me claimed I was throwing water a 100ft in the air at 70 mph. Probably an exaggeration, but the water up my back was not.

This picture does not show it very good. but if you look close you will see there is no rear fender. If you decide to do something like this, make sure it goes past the rear tire or don't ride in the rain.

DZ
      Vyger, 'F'
      "The Special", 'SF'
      '08 FJR1300

Comment

here is a pic of my bike. no fenders in sight

Last edited by brew; 02-11-2008, 01:39 AM.
        79 standard
        kerker 4 to 1
        K & N drop in
        6K HID
        frame chopped with one of a kind seat
        may other upgrades....

Comment

new fender available

Mike's XS has new front fenders available for the XS650. This is a direct bolt in installation for the XS1100 standard. It is available black or chrome. Maybe it can be modified to fit the XS Eleven Special?

NEW FRONT FENDERS
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Re: new fender available

Originally posted by jetmechmarty
            Mike's XS has new front fenders available for the XS650. This is a direct bolt in installation for the XS1100 standard. It is available black or chrome. Maybe it can be modified to fit the XS Eleven Special?

NEW FRONT FENDERS
            I'm not too sure about that...I made the mistake of getting a Standard front fender off eBay for my Special, I seriously doubt if it will fit, unless someone fab'd up some new brackets and welded them on after cutting the originals off.
            1981 XS1100S (former)
            2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

Fenders do not interchange between Specials and standards due to the Special having a leading axle. The XS650 Special is the exception as it does not have a leading axle. All late XS650's ('77 & up) share front fender installation with the XS1100 STANDARD.

XS650 fenders ARE NOT a direct fit to the XS1100 Special.
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

hmm i was thinking and looking at my old bike pics. when i had an 86 radian i took off the rear fender because it looked funny on the bike. the tire size is the same on the back...

these fenders kind of went back at an angle instead of curved. i think they might clear the wheel???

i can't remember if i gave mine away when i sold it or if the fender is still in the garage???

can be had cheap though. people take em off the rad.
                " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                8mm msd wires
                tkat fork brace...
                Fox shocks...
                mikes650 front fender
                led's gallore...
                renthal bars
                gold valve emulators
                vmax tensioner
                Rifle fairing

Comment

Here's mine

No fender on the back, the front one I cut down and reinforced to make a fork brace

Comment

man those look sexy!!
                    1978 XS1100E Standard
                    Kerker Exhaust
                    Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
                    TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
                    Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

heres mine

before and after shots of my 78e

91 kwaka kz1000p
                      Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Originally posted by Dennyz
                        Back in the late '90s, I tried a going rear fender-less. I fab'ed up a bracket to hold the tail light and license plate. It looked OK, but sucked in the rain. People behind me claimed I was throwing water a 100ft in the air at 70 mph. Probably an exaggeration, but the water up my back was not.

This picture does not show it very good. but if you look close you will see there is no rear fender. If you decide to do something like this, make sure it goes past the rear tire or don't ride in the rain.

WHat fairing is that?

Comment

WHat fairing is that?
                          It is a cut down Maier Stealth Universal Windshield (smoked).

link
                          DZ
                          Vyger, 'F'
                          "The Special", 'SF'
                          '08 FJR1300

Comment

Working...
                          X