Middle Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle Drives

If anyone wants to rid themselves of an old middle drive, PM me. If the gears are worn, that's o.k. I just need the Middle Drive Shaft input Teeth/splines to be in good condition......peace
    MDRNF
    79F.....Not Stock
    80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

swingarm question

Hey Chop,
    Doo you remember putting out that you would do a custom swingarm?
    Are you still willing to do that?
    If so, I would love to have one... Or if you could find me a zrx swingarm and I will pay you for it... I am having no luck. It has been deemed impossible to hardtail my bike as it sits. I have a bare frame comming to me so we will start from there.
    Ego Sum Meus Frater Custodis...

Comment

swingarm

any newer swingarm that is 8-11.5 inches pivot to pivot will work with at least 25mm pivot rod/spacers(most all are 25mm). So far I would only be able to copy the extra hardware to mount a Triumph ST single sided swingarm (big$). I know these dimensions heart. I,ve also checked a Bandit Swingarm and a Honda VFR swingarm that will fit between the xs11 frame pivots. Also keep in mind that you will have to relocate battery or do a custom mount weld like I did in the R1 monoshock mod.....There are '07 R1 S/A's that are dirt cheap on ebay that can have the stock shock tab sizes welded to them since they are designed up-side-down compared to the earlier models....
      MDRNF
      79F.....Not Stock

Comment

almost forgot

http://search.ebay.com/ducati-swinga...Zm37QQfromZR40
        these ducati swingarms would have been my first choice if I hadn't got the Triumph swingarm at such a steal. These S/A's will work BUT already have mounts for a monoshock that I had to custom machine and weld to the Triumph swingarm....
        MDRNF
        79F.....Not Stock

Comment

here ya go

ebay #290204424359
          MDRNF
          79F.....Not Stock

Comment

swing arm

Awesome chop
            as always a great source of info. will keep you posted

Comment

you ebayer

Hey scapp, is that you bidding on the zrx swingarm? I don't want to step on anybody's toes here if they are. I am still waiting on a reply about the pivot width end to end. I had asked Maximan, awhile back and he thought it was about 10-11 inches across, but I need an exact measurement. Also if anyone has or knows of an old CBX swingarm. This may be the cheap ticket to a swingarm for the Chaindrive conversion....Here's my reasoning:

MDRNF
              79F.....Not Stock

Comment

zrx swingarm

Yep that's me...
                do ya think it will fit???

Comment

YES

I would also get the rear tire and brake set-up from a zrx. I would think that many Kaws (ZX9-10-11's)would have the same rear wheel dimensions....Hey Pggg if you're still around, could ya chime in? But to err on the safe side get a zrx rear wheel, the adjustment left and right will be done at the pivot spacer/s after that maybe some washer spacers on the top shock mounts....easy enough
                  MDRNF
                  79F.....Not Stock

Comment

Working...
                  X