Powder Coating Carb Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder Coating Carb Covers

In the middle of getting Bike Painted. The Chrome on my Bike is somewhat worn. Due to the cost of redoing Chrome. I was currious if anyone Powder Coated there's. Im wondering what effect it would ifany on Fuel.

If you made SURE the powder coater masked all the internals, and just did the outside, should be no problem.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I have powder coated most everything on my bike, that would fit in my standard oven. Even the carbs. I did the diaphragm, throttle bodies, and float bowls. I taped off or plugged anywhere I did not want paint to get (just like spraying).

I did mine in gloss black. There is a near chrome powder that looks more like polished aluminum than chrome.

It is definitely possible. The diaphragm covers or float bowls should be pretty straight forward for a shop to do. The throttle bodies my be too complicated (costly), unless you have a good connection with guy doing the work.
      DZ
      Vyger, 'F'
      "The Special", 'SF'
      '08 FJR1300

Comment

Thanks for great advice. Especially tip about Chrome tint Powder Coating. Full steam ahead, [Love this Site] Sooo much info.

Comment

Working...
        X