Case Guards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Guards?

I am looking at case guards listed on eBay and wonder if all the XS11s have the same mounting holes. In other words, will they fit all XS11s if they fit one model?
    Bill Murrin
    Nashville, TN
    1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
    1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
    2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
    2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
    1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
    2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

A set of case guards for the XS11's will fit any and all models of the XS11. They attach to the motor mount points which are the same for all models and years.

Good Luck
    Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
    2002 Ducati ST4S
    2012 BMW F800R
    1981 Suzuki GS450E
    1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

There are two types of guards, 2 point and 3 point. The 2-point is much like a hoop, the 3-point has more of a 'basket' look to it and is considered a bit stronger.

Merriam Cycle is selling either style for $99.95. See their page at:

http://www.merriamcycle.com/html/accessory.html

(Scroll down a bit to the Performance and Protection section.)

While both types should fit all models of XS, there are differences in size and style from make to make.

When I put a set uf used guards on my XJ I had to replace the engine mounting bolts with longer ones, which I bought at a local True Value hardware store. If you are buying new, the bolts should be included.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Be carefull there is a third type the Hoop type (one single piece) these are usually called crash bars. Not a 2 or 3 point, can't be mounted with a fairing (usually) or a aftermarket oil cooler, since the fairing braket and the oil cooler mount may all want to use the same two threaded frame holes..
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Working...
        X