special cables vs standard cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special cables vs standard cables

hey there. i have a 79 xs1100 special and i just bought some new clubman bars for it i know my cables will be too long so what i was wondering is are the standard cables shorter than the special ones?. if so by how much. i'm not too gone with big loops of cables infront of me i'd like it to be as subtle and tidy as possible. thanks dudes

best way to get the right length cable.
    Mount current cable to carbs and route it the way you want to grip and measure or wrap a piece of tape there.
    Have one made or go to a place like cycle salvage to match it up.
    Should cost 10 to 15 bucks.

mro

Comment

When I changed the bars on my 79 Special I had a lot of slack left in the cables. It might not be the best advice, but I just let mine ride with it sort of tucked away under the tank. I even think I looped it once.

That's been a year and half ago, and I've had no problems. You might see what you can do with the cables you have before you get new ones.
      Corey J. Bennett
      '79 XS1100SF

Comment

The throttle cable for a standard is 2H7-26311-01-00
        Cable Length: 41 7/8" - Housing Length: 36 3/4"

for a Special it's 3H3-26311-00-00
        Cable Length: 44 7/8" - Housing Length: 41 1/2"
        Brian
        XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
        Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

thanks for the help guys. i just mounted my handle bars but it started raining before i got a chance to re route the cables hopefully i can get at it this weekend and figure out what i'm doing for definite.

Comment

Working...
          X