Running lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running lights

As my bike was a US import into the UK , it comes with running lights on all the time as standard.

When I got the bike, with ignition on but not ruuning, I had all 4 indicators glowing constant and also front headlight and tail light on.

I appear now to have lost the rear 2 idicators lights and the front headlight, so I just have front indicators and rear tail light on permanantly.

If I switch the headlight switch on right hand grip on , i get dip and main beam.

I also get indicators flashing when switched on.

So my question is, are the running lights for front light and rear indicators linked , have I knocked out a connector somewhere?
    or do I need to get Mr Haynes book out and study it?

Sorry, its a 1978 E if it makes any difference

Thanks
    Rob

Head light comes on after engine starts.
    If it comes on when key is on only either has been re-wired or the relay by-passed,
    Running lights were only in front, amber rear running lights are not legal here.

mro

Comment

Lights

The 78E should have a switch on the right for headlight. Left in the off position the headlight should come on only after starting and in the on position it should come on with the ignition. Sometimes the relay gets stuck and needs to be replaced if it comes on with the ignition when in the off position.
      You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
      Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
      Drilled airbox
      Tkat fork brace
      Hardly mufflers
      late model carbs
      Newer style fuses
      Oil pressure guage
      Custom security system
      Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Working...