New carbs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New carbs...

Hey guys, I know I've been gone for a while, but now that it's the new year, I'm determined to get the XS back on the road. Step one is new carbs. I've been doing some reading about the carbs coming from other bikes, but given my amount of mechanical knowledge, I don't need a mini-project on my hands when I still have the transmission to rebuild. I also noticed these on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAH...em200194537826

Anyone wanna guess if these would be worth it? After 2 rebuilds and about half a dozen rejettings, I'm done with the set that's on there now and want something COMPLETELY different. Thoughts? Anyone?
    1981 XS1100S (former)
    2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

WAY TO MUCH MONEY!!!!! Send me a PM, and or your carbs, and I'll get them close for you. We can then meet up once the snow has gone from the pass, and sync them on your bike. It will give you an excuse to ride down to the ocean!
    I DO have a set of '79 carbs here, so I CAN fix them up with a new needle and seat, adjust them, etc. I know you live at the higher altitude, and that isn't a big deal with these carbs.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I have a set of 70's that I am just about done restoring. I am just waiting on float valves. They are polished and will be on bike tuned. I always offer my carbs up here first before selling on Ebay. Basically, they have gotten the same treatment as the ones you are looking at; ultrasonic, new bowl gaskets, float valves, the works. Plus mine will be on-bike tested so you know they work when you get them. I recently did the carb service for another member who will be receiving them shortly in the mail. As a bonus, mine look much cleaner, have polished caps and outer bowl faces, and stainless allen bolts all around. The price would be slightly less than this buyer BIN price. The last set of 70's I sold went for 305 and they were not pretested. PM me if you are interested and I can send you some pics as well as video of them running once the parts arrive. These are also the carbs I am trying the Viton float valve up-grade on.
      Last edited by 81xsproject; 01-23-2008, 09:37 AM.
      '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

WOW...$350.00!
        There not even gold and black.

mro

Comment

I would not pay that much for ANY set of USED carbs on e-Bay or elsewhere. Unless yours are busted up I would suggest you spend perhaps 100 dollars on new new parts as necessary and good cleaning.
          Rob
          KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
          1978 XS500E
          1979 XS1100F Restored
          1980 XS1100 SG
          1981 Suzuki GS1100
          1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
          1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Originally posted by 81xsproject
            I have a set of 70's that I am just about done restoring. I am just waiting on float valves. They are polished and will be on bike tuned. I always offer my carbs up here first before selling on Ebay. Basically, they have gotten the same treatment as the ones you are looking at; ultrasonic, new bowl gaskets, float valves, the works. Plus mine will be on-bike tested so you know they work when you get them. I recently did the carb service for another member who will be receiving them shortly in the mail. As a bonus, mine look much cleaner, have polished caps and outer bowl faces, and stainless allen bolts all around. The price would be slightly less than this buyer BIN price. The last set of 70's I sold went for 305 and they were not pretested. PM me if you are interested and I can send you some pics as well as video of them running once the parts arrive. These are also the carbs I am trying the Viton float valve up-grade on.
            No offense, sounds like a good offer, but I think I'm gonna take up Ray on his offer.

79XS11F, I believe there is something seriously wrong, as I noted originally.

Everyone else, thanks for the advice.
            1981 XS1100S (former)
            2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

No prob, Mage. I won't have any problem selling them. It is worth it to many buyers on Ebay to KNOW, not hope, that the carbs are bolt on and ride
              '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ernative+carbs

I love my ZRX carbs.

Ben
                1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
                1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
                1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
                1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
                1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
                1982 XS650
                1980 XS1100g
                1979 XS1100sf
                1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

Hi Guys,

Cost me less than that to do THIS (click) including the filters and the dyno time......

AlanB
                  If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

Working...
                  X