wireng loom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireng loom

Any chance that somebody has designed a chopper/minimum wiring loom for 81 special,what I mean is the least amount of wiring needed,the tci unit throws me a bit.I've done rat bikes in the past but all had points&condenser systems in and they where easy, my 11 is coming together nicely there's more pics of my progress but I like that naked look and would like the minimum of wiring to show or not to show so to speak,I'm back at work tomorrow so it's going to go a bit slower.

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/a...100%20rebuild/

So NOBODY knows how to minimize the wiring for the XS,well ok I did do a search of this site and the UK one so I guess I will have to find a way ,Well it is said that necessity is the mother of invention wish me luck.

Comment

I would just start with some new marine grade wire, and connect the minimum needed. If you look at the wire diagram, the two big things are the charging and the ignition.
      Print out a copy of the diagram, and circle the NEEDED items. Ignition switch, battery, reg/rec, TCI & pickup coils, and the HV coils. Once you have those wired, you can start adding lights. I would put in a two or four position fuse block, to make things easy.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Yes I've got another loom ,I have already started rubbing out wires in photoshop I'm just damb lazy when it comes to electrics, I have to think to much,I was hoping somebody show me it was worth it,my son gave me the idea this morning,,,love motor,electrics...not so much.
        Thanx again

Anthony

Comment

If you are putting the bike together, just put on the parts one at a time, and run the wires from part "A" to part "B", with a different color on each wire, as needed.
          As an example, mount the reg/rec, and run the wires from the Alt to it. you will have to run another wire from the ignition switch to the reg/rec, and the battery and a fuse block. Crimp NEW connectors on all the wires, and you should not have much problems. That is the way I would rewire a "stripped down" bike.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I have been told that my bike needs another loom. If I could simplify the existing loom I might be able to rectify the problem. I do know that there is always miles of excess wires which go back and forth to nowhere. Help!
            1979 XS 1100 Special
            "to infinity and beyond"

Comment

Working...
            X