Webers on an XS11 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webers on an XS11 ?

So far I haven't seen anyone on the forum using Weber or Dellorto sidedraft carbs. Since these "easily tuned" carbs seem to work well on automotive 4 cylinder engines can they be adapted to work on the XS1100? Or is this too much work for any gains in maintenance / tuning?

Here's a guy selling custom dual Weber Kits for GL1000
    http://www.randakks.com

A wild & fun thought: Perhaps there's a member who's seen an XS11 Weber or Dellorto carb installation or has contemplated such?

Wild winter wondering ...

Rob
    79 XS11 Standard F stock "Big N Blue"

Hi Tucman,

I have not seen a bike with Webers since the '70s; What a blast from the past that would be!

I am pretty sure that one of our members on the UK site got a set of manifolds for Webers onto an XS along with a pile of other bits from e-bay, so the do (or did) exist.

Over here, the use of weber/dellortos in car tuning has got less common. Many are switching to mapped fuel injection, and others have discovered the benefits of late model bike carbs.

Late-model (carburetted!) GSXRs have carbs with a 40mm throat; much bigger than a 40mm DCOE, which has a 40mm body, which is then fitted with a choke insert of around 36mm.

The bike carbs are also notably easier to set up than the Weber.

AlanB
    If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

Working...
    X