Xs 1100 Sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xs 1100 Sg

Hi ! This is my SG, got it from Minnesota in july 2000. Do any of you know if there is many SG`s equipped like this one? Or was it most standard xs1100`s that had fairing,hardbags and topbox?

I hope there is a picture here !?
    TERJE

`79SF
    `80SG x 2
    `80LG x 2
    `81SH
    `82XJ1100J
    `83CB1000 CUSTOM
    `79WIFE

dressed sg

I don't recall the specials as having any types of fairing, boxes, etc. that was usually on the standard model. nonetheless your bike is very handsome! Good luck with it! Mooseman
    79 SF

Comment

I have seen a few like that. Cowboy Bob had one named "Nightmare." Bob Garcia of SD.
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Boy, that sure is pretty!
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Does that bike have more than 10 miles on it? Looks better than show room condition.
          '80 XS1100 SG
          Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

That's almost what mine looked like when I got it......

Except the trunk was different, and the poor thing hadn't seen that pretty in a long time!!!!
            1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
            "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
            My Photo Bucket

Comment

My 80 SG looked just like that when I got it. Not quite that clean, and it had a Mustang King & Queen seat. Pacifico fairing and lowers, Yamaha boxes and single rails. There were some with double rails around the side boxes, and some with lights installed in the rails. A Standard would be more logical as a touring bike, but a lot of people are ready for a break every 100 miles and they get their wish with a Special.
              1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

To your question Steppenwolf: Yes ,it has more than 10 miles - it has 12000 miles ! (4600 miles when i got it,so it is not used much of me eighter) Not much miles for a bike made late in 1979. If you look closer in the picture you will see that the mufflers are replaced. Behind the front foot peg you can see a plate on the muffler. It says something like this: only to be used on pre 1982 motorcycles..............
                It is genuine mufflers for the specials,but made of yamaha AFTER 1982. The mufflers that were on the bike when I got it was rusted from inside. When the bike was shipped from USA to Norway in 2000, some idiot made a large dent in the gastank - so the tank is repainted.
                TERJE

`79SF
                `80SG x 2
                `80LG x 2
                `81SH
                `82XJ1100J
                `83CB1000 CUSTOM
                `79WIFE

Comment

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul
                  1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                  1979 XS1100 Standard
                  1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Are they Bates saddle bags looks like the ones I had on my Midnight. If you look at the lights it might have printed on it some where the name Bates.
                    Madbiker

Comment

I dont think the saddlebags are Bates. The word YAMAHA and Made in Canada is in the hardplastic on the inside of the bags. There are no lights on these hardbags, so I assume you mean the red reflectors? The brand of the reflectors are STANLEY
                      TERJE

`79SF
                      `80SG x 2
                      `80LG x 2
                      `81SH
                      `82XJ1100J
                      `83CB1000 CUSTOM
                      `79WIFE

Comment

Very nice... looks just like my '80
                        ... in my dreams

As a side note, there is one component that's part of your set-up that I would love to add to mine and that's the lowers on the fairing.
                        Soooooo...... if there's anyone out there who might be able to point me in the right direction or otherwise help out, please let me know. I've got a Pacifico fairing on my '80 G and, while I'm not even sure that the lowers were part of, or an available option on this fairing, I seem to recall having seen a picture of one at one time.

Then again, I could have just been dreaming of Terje's XSively nice special
                        1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
                        1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
                        1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
                        1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
                        2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

saw these on ebay yesterday-

Pacifico Aero XP Lower Fairings,Yamaha XS11,XS 11,Rare

item number 320199203247

the auction ends in 5 hours 22 mins as of this posting.

maybe they are what you are looking for.
                          good luck,
                          Andy

Comment

Hi, xsilerating ! If the fairing on this picture

of this G is a Pacifico - lowers was available. But as you see they are different from the Pacifico xs11 special fairing. I am not sure that the lowers acof911 found on ebay are for your fairing? BTW - thanks for the nice words about my SG, I am starting to believe that I did a good deal when I paid $1500 for her 7 years ago !?
                            TERJE

`79SF
                            `80SG x 2
                            `80LG x 2
                            `81SH
                            `82XJ1100J
                            `83CB1000 CUSTOM
                            `79WIFE

Comment

accessory

I have a slightly diff set up on mine
                              80 XS 1100 SG