Standard rim on Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard rim on Special

I have tried a couple searches, and haven't found anything (But a lot about a special rim on a standard), and was wondering about it.

I would expect some mods would have to be made, has anyone tried it? Is there enough clearance under the fender?

I am thinking about long trips on bad roads, and the enduro tires that don't come smaller than 17inch (TKC80). I have a standard too, but the special is lighter, and I like it more.
    I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Hi Pain,

I have done both; a 17" rim on my modded SG (now replaced by a 4.0 X 17!) and I have a 16" rim fitted to an "E" swing-arm in a chopped bike.

The swap works exactly the same both ways; If you have the set of spacers and the big ugly Torque plate which go with the wheel, it is a straight swap.

If you only have the wheel, you will need to alter the spacers and possibly bend the plate a little to line it all up.

AlanB
    If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

Working...
    X