gastank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gastank

I own a 1982 yamaha maxim xj 1100 and i need a gas tank thats in good shape and also a seat.. please reply if you know were i can find one..

Shorty40,
    There is a tank on ebay for a 79 xs1100 Special. I think that these 2 are interchangable, but others here can confirm or deny that.
    Look in ebay motors under item #2400089860.
    One of these days I will figure out how to send a link. Sorry 'bout the antiquated directions.
    Mike

1980 SG "Angus"

Comment

Not sure on the interchangeability. Not mechanical, but because of the fuel gauge system used on the XJ. The instrument pod contains a bar graph for fuel level as reported by the sender in the tank. Not sure if the senders are compatible or could be swapped. If you use the '79 tank you may loose your fuel level functions, but is better than not having a ride.....

Seats are harder to come by. 21 year old seats tend to develop cracks and other problems, but eBay is still your best bet. You may also want to call some motorcycle salvage yards; several lists on the web including

http://www.moto-directory.com/salvage.htm

If you do a search on Motorcycle Salvage Yards you will come up with several lists.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
      X