I need some parts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some parts!

looking for the brackets that hold the FRONT turn signals to the triple tree lower section
    currently coming out of headlight
    the reflectors for the frame near the tank
    and the bracket for REAR to the plate

The monster is a 1980 Spc
    1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
    "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
    My Photo Bucket

Hi Renegade,
    the front flasher stalks are supposed to act as the world's fanciest headlight retaining bolts, that's Yamaha's stock location for them. I've never seen a stock Yamaha part that relocated the flashers to the lower triple tree, has anyone?
    I couldn't find a replacement front frame reflector anywhere either. I polished up an aluminum strip that would bolt to the reflector bracket and stuck a generic self-adhesive amber reflector on it.
    As for "and the bracket for REAR to the plate", Huh?
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Hi, the brackets that you're after are off the bikes that came to Australia and similar. The XS1100 sport has the brackets on the lower triple clamp bolts and my old 'E' donor bike has them too.
      Strangely, the 'E' also is wired for running lights but they're illegal over here.
      Regards,
      Errol
      Got a pic of the bike at http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1104798/
      79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
      Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
      *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
      *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

Hi Guys,

The UK/Euro Sport models also carry the signals down there; the fairing would get in the way of the usual place.

AlanB
        If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

"and the bracket for REAR to the plate", Huh?
          Could not find my pic of one.
          Generally used to relocate rear turns when you have saddle bags.
          Front turns on standards use a bracket.

mro

Comment

I saw these on E-bay
            they've already sold but I don't think they were the correct ones

mine are sticking out of the headlight, but I want to move them
            in favor of some really nice aux light's

I've already moved the rear turn's back a little but I want to move them farther, like back to where the tag's are

"My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
            My Photo Bucket

Comment

Hi Renegade...

The parts you need ARE available as stock Yamaha parts...

The front indicator mounts you want are from the 1983 XJ750 Maxim... You can see them quite clearly on this bike...

The ones you saw on Ebay won't fit unless you change out the lower triple-tree for a 2H7/2H9 one- the bolts on yours go in from the side...

The rear lamp assembly you're after was fitted to XS1100 Std models (European 2H9 models) like this one:

Unfortunately, fitting the bracket assy will mean changing the rear mudguard, tail-light and probably re-drilling your license tags. The good news is that the guard will go straight on your bike and the round indicators you have will fit the bracket (your tail-light may fit it too).

A complete job will also need an earlier (SF..?) seat so that the gap left by relocating the tail-light is sorted...

You can get part numbers for most of the Euro parts via the UK website:XS1100 UK

Those rear indicator brackets sometimes come up on Ebay too - mostly from Germany - they're VERY popular, for the same reasons you want to fit them - great with rear cases...

Hope this helps...

Miti
              One of those terribly nice chaps on XS1100.com
              • XS1100S (5K7) '83 "Sport #1 - Trike Donor"
              • XS1100S (5K7) '85 "Sport #2"
              • XS1100LG (4W1) '80 "A Tribute to Brian"
              • Hesketh V1000 '82 - Dream Realised...

Comment

Tail light

You can mount a Standard tail light where the license plate light is at. I did it on my 80SG. All you have to do is ream out the holes in the tail light bracket and run some extra wires and that will give you two(2) tail lights and brake lights. Mine came off a 78 or 79 it had holes in the side of it to mount turn signals. You can make a bracket to mount the turn signals on and bolt it behind the license plate. A piece of 1/8 x1 strap about 12 inches long, drill two(2) holes at each end and two (2) holes to mount the plate then bend the ends 90 degrees
                Thanks Tom
                82 XJ DAILY RIDE
                78 XS1100E FIXING UP
                79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
                79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
                80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
                82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

Yep. Put 'em by the plate. It works great and frees up those other holes for...

"It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."

Comment

Well lookie what I've started...........

Just got my aux. lights in...I had my boss add to his last light order,
                    I have a couple of ideas for installing, but I didn't realize that they are 55 watts each!
                    I do plan to convert all lights to LED, but will that free up enough power, I'm thinking not

My Photo Bucket

Comment

Hey Renegade,

I'm running a set/pair of 55 watt halogen driving lights, turn them on once I'm running down the road. If you'll review the LED conversion tech tips, you'll see a breakdown of how many watts/amps you'll free up from tail/brake/turn signal conversions, you'll be pleasantly surprised how much you'll get!
                      T.C.
                      T. C. Gresham
                      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                      History shows again and again,
                      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

TC, You never cease to amaze.
                        Always have the answer.
                        But this time I kinda amazed myself, but I didn't think to review the TechTips until after I'd posted, (I tend to push the panic button, way too soon )

Now, I push it once more. I had an issue with my alternator (maybe you remember)
                        anyway I had to tranplant both coils, and the rectifier,
                        Donor was a '78 XS7502B, (had a well earned name of "ORVILLE", but that's another ...... I TEND TO RAMBLE ALSO

All's been well, The Monster has not rejected his new organ yet, all voltages are within spec, I'll have to dig for exact reading, but were pretty good.
                        Just wondering....volts ..... amps..... watts......hmmm, where did I put that section of my brain.....
                        Great now it's broken too!!!!!!

another thought ...... The Monster doesn't fit it's name anymore.....
                        My Photo Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by renegade_xs11g
                          I saw these on E-bay
                          they've already sold but I don't think they were the correct ones

mine are sticking out of the headlight, but I want to move them
                          in favor of some really nice aux light's

I've already moved the rear turn's back a little but I want to move them farther, like back to where the tag's are

I don't think those will work unless the lower triple tree pinch bolts are up front as they are on the standard model. Those brackets are from the standard model and tend to be rare if in good rust free condition.
                          Rob
                          KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                          1978 XS500E
                          1979 XS1100F Restored
                          1980 XS1100 SG
                          1981 Suzuki GS1100
                          1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                          1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
                          X