oil pressure swich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pressure swich

What value should the oil pressure switch measure. I put on the Spin On Adapter did an oil change but now no oil pressure light when I turn off. I have 2 switches both measure open circuit. Should they be closed???

Christian Raith

The switches are normally closed at rest, and open at about 5 psi oil pressure. When the switch is closed the switch makes ground, and the lamp is lit. When the pressure comes up, the switch opens, breaking the ground, and the light goes off. Is there any chance that you may have bumped the wire loose at some time?

Comment

Soaked in iso for a while then poked around with a toothpick blew it out and presto, works. Saved $90 from Yamaha
      Thanks

Comment

$90 you can save even more if you get one from me I have lots of those. $10 andreas

Comment

No, he saved less.

Hi Andreas,
          sorry but although I am really happy with the parts I have gotten from you over the years I can't agree with your arithmetic. Had auxtian bought a $10 used sender from you rather than a $90 new one from Yamaha he would have only saved $80 instead of the $90 he saved by cleaning his own sender. And that's not counting the postage to Sydney (assuming it's the one in Australia)
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Re: No, he saved less.

Oh sure, go for the obvious! We are happy that Andreas is out there... just in case.

Originally posted by fredintoon
            Hi Andreas,
            sorry but although I am really happy with the parts I have gotten from you over the years I can't agree with your arithmetic.
            Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

All back in and bike is working after a year of healing for both me and the bike. Well in the garage at least. May take her out for a ride today........

Christian

Comment

Working...
              X