My Gunfighter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Gunfighter Project

Here's my XS bike "The Gunfighter" custom I did last winter. She's very fast, sounds nasty, gotta a superb ride ... lowered! Turns a lot of heads.

Features Alsa "Red Pearl" over gloss jet black, 2 coats of their Speed-clear.

pic location: http://futureadvocate2.tripod.com/My...look101907.jpg

Oh well, the pic is not coming up - guess my forum skills need more work.

RJ

(of late XJ middle gearbox crunch fame)
    Last edited by TucmanXJ; 11-12-2007, 02:26 PM.
    79 XS11 Standard F stock "Big N Blue"

try getting a photobucket account
    1979 Eleven Special - 26,000 miles.

Comment

yeah - try to sort that out I'd really like to see those pics! - please.
      Si Parker
      '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

Gunfighter pics on photobucket

OK here's some of photobucket album:

"The Gunfighter" XS850 in Carlsbad, NM right after completion. Cobra front fender, FLH repro rear fender, XS750 Special tank.

Many hours spent tweaking, polishing & refinishing. HD Softails on stocker head pipes - no baffles. Pulls hard, Hauls a$$!

Any takers? For Sale ....

RJ

Comment

Looks very very nice - good job. I think New Mexico might be a little far for me to go, and besides I have my own project underway.
          Don't think you'll have any trouble moving it though. One question - now that it's in such awesome shape, why in the blue blazes would you want rid of it???
          Better looking by far and a ton more performance than any Hardley.
          Si Parker
          '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

Thanks - Izzzah long story ... would take a couple beers to tell it ... 2 bikes & stuff, wife said, "I want my patio back. "

I replied, "Only if I get a spare (wife)"
            -----------------------
            A guy and his wife are driving on their 25th Anniversary. As they pass the state pen Henry starts weeping out loud. Wife says, "Whatever's the matter Henry."

He blubbering, "If I was doing time I'd be getting out today!"

Pass the chips please.

Comment

lmfao! Thats what I tell friends here - we're going to Vegas next year 'cos that's my 20 years 'served'.
              Si Parker
              '81 XS1100H

Comment

Middle pipe?

Hi RJ,
                excuse my not knowing, I have an experience gap between the XS650 twin and the XS11 four. The XS850 is a triple?
                What do they do with the middle pipe?
                Fred Hill, S'toon
                XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

XS850 pipes

FredinToon -

Yes the XS850 triple has 3 separate pipes at the front. Center pipe morphs / splits into 2 exhausts under the engine. Further downstream balance tubes run behind heat shields in front of the swingarm pivot. This tube helps smooth things out- exhaust pulses, increases low speed torque. Gunfighter has no such "help" and still outpulls my XJ11 in 1st & 2nd gear! Like my XJ11, the 1.75" exhausts run straight to the rear thru 2 Sportster mufflers with no center baffles. K&N Pod filters will help increase flow for both bikes.

Yamaha Motor Company's site has the triples development history. XS11 is the 850's big brother, they share an assortment of parts.

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global...750/index.html

http://xs750cafe.com/coolstuff.aspx

At 510 lbs an XS850 with a well-tuned 79 bhp motor made for a heavy but fast bike. Imagine an XS850 with 3 Wiseco forged pistons from their 1200cc big bore kit. A couple of riders from www.Yamaha-Triples.org have these modded monsters running 900+CC. Add a chain drive kit and hang on brother.

Keep the shiny side up. Rob

Comment

Working...
                  X