turns over!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turns over!!!!!

my wife got a battery for my birthday... i had to reconnect all the wires and i still don't have the tank cleaned yet so i couldn't try to completly crank it but after 10 years of sitting in a shed it turned over the first try and it turned overgreat! if i had fuel in there it sounds like it would have fired right up on the first hit! now i have to get the fuel tank done and the brakes finished!!!
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

I could think of more romantic gifts a wife could give, but...

The best gift my wife gave me was my Craftsman Mechanic's tool set.

:smack:

Oh yeah her hand in marriage was pretty cool too.
    1981 XS1100SH

Comment

My wife sent me to Motorcycle school for my birthday and then bought me the 1100 for Fathers Day! I'd say it's been a good year. Oh, yeah, having my 3rd child in July was another high point on the year.

But back on topic, glad to hear you're one step closer to getting that bike back on the road. Did it sit for 10 years in your own shed or the PO?
      79 Special Engine/80 Special Body - sold to bigray03

Comment

i got it from the origional owner for 400 bucks after it sat for 10 years... so the inside of the tank is toast!! i have started cleaning it but it needs alot of cleaning to gety al;l the crap out. plus the brakes are toast as well. top cat was nice enough to give me a new brake master cylinder so now i need to get the calipers sorted out and run new brake line because i am joining the front due to the back cy,inder is shot as well, and i'd rather have both front calipers controled from the same spot.
        " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
        xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
        8mm msd wires
        tkat fork brace...
        Fox shocks...
        mikes650 front fender
        led's gallore...
        renthal bars
        gold valve emulators
        vmax tensioner
        Rifle fairing

Comment

Working...
        X