Carb repair kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb repair kits

Hi ! I bought 4 sets of carb repair kits for XS1100 on ebay yesterday. (ebay itemnr: 120171481026 ) Only $4 each kit.
    Will these carb repair kits fit other XS1100 carbs??
    I know many of you know a lot of XS1100 carbs - so maybe you can help?
    TERJE

`79SF
    `80SG x 2
    `80LG x 2
    `81SH
    `82XJ1100J
    `83CB1000 CUSTOM
    `79WIFE

The kit is for the XS1100 E model. That is a standard. It should also fit the F, SF, and early G models. DO NOT USE ANY OF THE JETS IN THE KITS!!!! Clean up your old jets and reuse them. The gaskets and needle/seat assembly is ALL I would use from the kit. The K&L has a reputation for sizing the jets wrong.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

As usual, Ray is right on. That is a good price , though. You can't even get the bowl gaskets that cheap.
      '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Hey Terje,

I hope you get them, because that ad states that they ONLY ship to the USA!?!?

But looking at your history of bikes, you will only be able to use it on your 79SF! But it is a great price, hope you actually were able to get a set of 4 and not just one!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks !

Thanks to you all for usefull info ! I have a shipping adress in USA which I use for colllecting heavy stuff (exhausts,bikes etc.). When the pile of parts is big enough: container to Norway (not only my parts)
          And small things (as the carb kits) is shipped to a friend in Tacoma,WA. He send the kits to me together with other parts.
          And yes, there was one kit listed on ebay , but 4 kits was available -so I bought them all for $16 + $6 for shipping to Tacoma,WA.
          I guess my SF will be happy
          If you see the heading on the auction for the carb kits,you will understand why nobody bought them before me: The heading says XS1100E in on one word. If you use XS1100 as a searchword you would not find it. Same goes ofcourse for the other models.For example: 2 years ago I was lucky and and found a stock exhaust that was listed as XS1100SF. I was the only bidder,and the exhaust that was in fantastic shape became mine for $10

Which carb kit manufacturer will you recommend instead of KL ?

Thanks again !
          TERJE

`79SF
          `80SG x 2
          `80LG x 2
          `81SH
          `82XJ1100J
          `83CB1000 CUSTOM
          `79WIFE

Comment

Hey Terje,

K&L kits are okay, it's just that their jets have been found to be incorrectly sized for our machines!

MikesXS has a branch in GERMANY, might be easier and quicker than ordering from US?? With your later model carbs, the following is all you should need for a rebuild. Your jets should be reusable, just clean them carefully!
            Carb Rebuild Kit
            Carb Rebuild Kit - Fits: XS650SG-SL (1980-84) stock Mikuni 34mm. CV carbs
            Kit Contains : Push-in Float Valve assembly with O-Ring, Carb rubber passage
            Plug & Float bowl Gasket 3F7. Made in Japan - 1 kit required per carb.

Part #48-1408 $12.00 USD /Kit
            T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
            X