is the xs750 trans the same as xs11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the xs750 trans the same as xs11

i have a xs750 awaiting a rebirth and i need a trans for my eleven will it work??

Hmm...good question. I know more than a few people around here have put the XS750's final drive on an 11 to get better cruising, but I'm not sure about the tranny.

Would be nice to know, as I have a 750 parts bike...
    1981 XS1100S (former)
    2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

That would be no !!!!!!!! I think there is one from an 81 xs1100 on ebay still for sale .
      BDF Special
      80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
      Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

I guess I'll just have to replace the gears by hand then.

The eBay one does me no good, as I already have a box of gears for the XS11.
        1981 XS1100S (former)
        2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

just looked on ebay i was wathing 2 and they both sold forgot they ended today
          thanks

Comment

Clint,

Unless you could magically transfer the gearsets from one bike to the other intact (maybe with Mr Mage's help), I'm afraid even if it would fit, you would still have to replace them by hand.
            Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

Working...
            X