Rubber plugs for the carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know

I have no idea what they're off of. They came with the bike and I just remember seeing them as I was packing them away.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Hey CrazCnuk,

IF your carbs don't have the common tunnel between the main jet and pilot jet towers, then you will NOT want to cap the pilot jet towers, otherwise you will NOT have a Pilot circuit anymore! That tower is the only way the pilot circuit will get its fuel from the bowl!!

Sounds more like all of the other problems with the carbs contributed to the poor performance, and possibly even the wrong Pilot jets(?K & L) . I remember reading about folks using a small TAP to clean the threads in the pilot jet tunnel.....or was it the Pilot Screw tunnel?? Might be one possibility. Another is find a place with ULTRASOUND tank, take that one carb body and see if those brass particles in the threads might be shaken loose with that!?!? JAT!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Heh thanks TC, but I am not having any trouble with the pilot jets, it's an idle mixture screw that is causing problems.

I knew the screw was fubared last year, but the bike ran as it was, just couldn't adjust the idle on the carb cleset to the choke lever.

I had hoped that my carbs NEEDED the rubber plugs, and that was why my mileage was so poor. Unfortunately, they don't seem to need them.

I still have to check to make sure my 80 bike and 81 engine have matching TCI and pickup assemblies. This may also be a lot of the problem if they are mismatched.
        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Ok, I managed to get the brass out of the threads.

I figured 'what the heck' It'll work or it won't.

Once I got all the brass thread out, I used one of the old good mixture screws to 'clean' the threads of all 4, then put the new ones in.

The new screws went in a lot better than I could get the old ones to.

Now just to get it up to temperature so I can set the idle mixtures!
          Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
          '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Working...
          X