Finally got the bike painted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the bike painted

Went with a color called impact blue. What do you guys think? Now comes the motor this winter. Thinking of doing some airbrushing on the tank. I have tags that says MSTRES. The wife loved that one the best out of all of them.

Last edited by bikenutt1980; 10-11-2007, 05:58 PM.

Looks VERY nice.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Looks great. That's gona be a sweet ride for sure. "Impact" Blue huh?
      1980 XS Eleven Special

Comment

Yep Impact Blue. Pics dont do this color justice it's really bright in the sun. Cant wait to get all the nuts and bolts back together tomorrow. Not many riding days left around here. Also going to take some of the blue and paint over the black Yamaha on the engine.

jason
        Last edited by bikenutt1980; 10-11-2007, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Sharp!
          Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
          '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Lookin' Good!

Comment

Wow, looks great!
              80 XS1100SG
              81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

STARK

Hi Bikenutt,
                about the colour, I painted my rig tow-truck orange, so what do I know?
                But the bike is absolutely stark. Not a single part on it that isn't essential to it going down the road. Beautiful.
                Fred Hill, S'toon
                XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

now to polish the aluminum, the thought of that prolly makes you cringe it did me!!!

nice color and design!!
                  "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
                  History
                  85 Yamaha FJ 1100
                  79 yamaha xs1100f
                  03 honda cbr 600 f4
                  91 yamaha fzr 600
                  84 yamaha fj 1100
                  82 yamaha seca 750
                  87 yamaha fazer
                  86 yamaha maxim x
                  82 yamaha vision
                  78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Originally posted by mason79
                    now to polish the aluminum, the thought of that prolly makes you cringe it did me!!!

nice color and design!!
                    Yeah im not looking forward to polishing. I know you can get a chrome like finnish with ALOT of elbow grease but I might end up taking some parts into have chromed to save me the hassle.

Im looking for a set of rims off a Maxium if any one knows where I can find them, besides Ebay. I want to have them chromed and put them on.

Comment

Originally posted by bikenutt1980

Im looking for a set of rims off a Maxium if any one knows where I can find them, besides Ebay. I want to have them chromed and put them on.
                      Don't use Maxim wheels! Some of the members will tease you about having 'swirly girly' wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by John

Don't use Maxim wheels! Some of the members will tease you about having 'swirly girly' wheels.
                        It's ok i wont mind. I think they would look awsome chromed.

Comment

Hi Bikenutt,
                          chroming aluminum? Only H-D riders and wankers would waste their money so.
                          Someone recently posted photos of painted wheels, all black with a red pinstripe around the rim. Fizz either the straights or the swirlys like that but with the pinstripe in Impact Blue.
                          Casting wheels with swirly spokes rather than straight ones is traditional. It's what you gotta do with cast iron spoked things to reduce shrinkage induced stresses. A "we have always done it this way" thing if you are pouring aluminum.
                          I'd weigh them both and fit the lightest.
                          Fred Hill, S'toon
                          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I did see the post on the black with red line. Looked really nice. Im just tossing around ideas in my head. It will be a few months before I do anything with rims. But I like to think up things.

Comment

I found some maxim rims for the bike and there in the shop getting bead blasted. Looks like its going to be awhile before i get the rims and new motor back and do anything with them. I ended up in the hospital Monday and had to have surgery. Wont get out of the hospital till Saturday then 4 weeks of recovery. Thank god for wireless internet.

jason

Comment

Working...
                              X