paint ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint ideas

Looking to have my bike painted this winter by a friend in the auto body business (excellent painter). I've looked through almost every pic on this site for ideas and my head is spinning...lots of different ways to go.

I really like AKmac's Burnt metallic orange with the ghost flames but not sure if I want to go that drastic. I'm also thinking about a dark metallic gunmetal.

Does anyone have any advice or ideas on what they have done?
    I'm open to suggestions.

Also...how many of you would or have painted your fenders?

I really like the chrome though.

Any tips, ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks;
    Keith
    1980 XS1100SG

“You start the game with a full pot o’ luck and an empty pot o’ experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck.”

Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Hi Kjoslin,

It is all a matter of taste, and whatever you like is what is right....... However;
    My SG was originally metallic black, then I painted it Satin black, which is how it was for about a decade.
    Currently it is Orange, which is OK.......... But;

These bikes really suit the dark metallic colours; it somehow seems to go with the "Big" character of 'em.....

Sometime next year I am probably going to paint over my (very expensive!) pro paintjob with rattle cans just to get back to the dark colours.

I like to see all the ideas of what people want to do with these, but my one is going to be dark.........

AlanB
    If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

Id have to agree its a matter of taste. If your any good with photoshop take a pic of your bike and you can mess around changing the color to see what it will look like, Im painting mine this winter tank, fenders and side covers. Leaning towards a dark red with black flakes from house of kolor.

Comment

Bikenutt...HOK no longer has a black flake. Their "smoke" flake has been discontinued. But Alsa and Old School Flake both sell a "black" flake. This is relavant to you only of course if you are talking about real flake, not just metallic.
        80XS11G (heavily modified) "Snot Rokkit"

Deuces Wild
        Custom Paint & Body
        1200 N. Wall Sreet
        Calhoun, GA 30701
        770-608-3779

Comment

Originally posted by roach25681
          Bikenutt...HOK no longer has a black flake. Their "smoke" flake has been discontinued. But Alsa and Old School Flake both sell a "black" flake. This is relavant to you only of course if you are talking about real flake, not just metallic.
          Im talking metallic.

Comment

Paint it

You should paint it a really bright green with A-LOT of metal flake in it!! In fact... we all should
            "It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."

Comment

If you can afford it, buy a few sets of tanks and side covers, and paint them in the diferent colors that you like. All you will need to do is swap the pieces out on your bike when you want to change the colors.
              Sometimes you feel like a nut...

Comment

Working...
              X