Carb questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb questions

First, how long has the plasti-dip diaphragm repair worked for the folks that have done it?

Second, While cleaning some 81 float bowls, I noticed that one of the little holes blew out with compressed air much more freely. I examined it and it doesn't appear to have the little brass jet down in the hole. Is this normal? If not is there anything I can do to fix it?
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Get another bowl. The choke in that particlar carb will be way too rich and will most likely foul the plug. I don't think you can buy just the starter jet, but if anyplace has them it would be motorcyclecarbs.com.
    I don't know about the Plasti Dip question though.

Comment

Hey Jesse,

I, too, can't answer about the plastidip fix?

But, I know how you like to improvise, so you might be able to take another of your float bowls off, and find out what size wire will just fit inside the jet hole. Then with the missing one, you could use that wire as a guide, and put some JB-weld down in there and form it around the wire, then remove the wire before the JB weld sets up , and you might be able to make a JET sized opening adequate to use the starter circuit without overflowing and fouling it!? IF you can't find a float bowl of course!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

carbs

you can by that jet at All PRO Moter Sports in waukesha wi .
        w2141 s4030 pine hollow ct. Thay have most in stock.
        1 800 542-4948
        1 262 542-4848
        allyou need to know is the size look at on of the other ones and the plasti dip worked well on my carb boots made them lick new put 10 coats on them thay had bad cracks in them up to 1/16 of an inch or more.

Comment

Working...
        X