Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gray tygon fuel lines

(?) Anybody know where to get "gray tygon fuel lines? I used to
    get them from DennisKirk. They don't got 'em no more; can't imagine why they quit handling these lines. They worked far best for me. I used every kind over the years. Expensive, but far superior with heat and fuel exposure.
    JCarltonRiggs

81XS1100SH; WorkingMotorcycle,Not For Show,DeletedFairing,SportsterHL,
    7½ gal. Kaw Concours gastank,1972 Wixom Bros. bags

79XS1100F; ?Parts?, or to Restore?

Google results

http://www.google.com.au/search?sour...gon+fuel+lines
    Automotive Imbecile.
    Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
    '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
    1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

I got some from a local bike shop (cycleSalvage)
      4 bucks a foot
      Still sitting on my parts shelf, larger OD than the stuff I've been using but seems more flexable.

mro

Comment

Srayla; thanks for the Google link > that was to be my next step. Plenty of links that have it; even available in "clear" and "black", now, from one source. One of the link/source/s said the "gray" does work better. I can believe it; original. Probably something in the "gray" that "makes it work different. Age doesn't bother this stuff.

mro; thanks,.........yeah, I noticed it is higher ($), now. Can't remember for sure, it's been 3-5 years since I last got mine. I got 10 or 15 feet at that time. One of Strayla's google links has it for $3.00 for the gray; $3.55 for the clear or black. Yeah, "OD" is a little "fatter" on this stuff; I don't care what the OD is, as long as the ID is proper.

Those other stinkin' line ingredients, in ALL the other type lines,
        cause them to harden up enough, to make it a real wrastllin' match to get them off the petcock nipples or fuel t's or whatever else you gotta get them off of, after being on just about any amount of time. I often use "Stabil", one of the reasons: I switch tanks sometimes during the year, depending on what kind of work I'm doing on the XS. The smaller 3.9 gallon teardrop tank allows me quicker removal, and to be able to get it back on to test something. Also
        much more room to be able to get at stuff, with it still on the machine. "The Stabil" is "harder(?)" on those other line materials, I'm suspecting. Even without using any additive or stabilizer, plain gas "stiffens" those other line materials up enough, anyhow. Add "UV rot", too.
        JCarltonRiggs

81XS1100SH; WorkingMotorcycle,Not For Show,DeletedFairing,SportsterHL,
        7½ gal. Kaw Concours gastank,1972 Wixom Bros. bags

79XS1100F; ?Parts?, or to Restore?

Comment

Working...
        X