how much would you pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much would you pay?

$2800 is the asking price for a '78 w/a Kenna sidecar - big one for a 6 foot+ passenger to tour in. Just under 100,000 miles. 2nd owner - 11 years. Pictures looked sweet - talked to the owner, sounds like a he's taken good care of it. Am bringing my compression guage, but sounds to good to be true!

Had an SF and currently have an MNS (LG) but I've wanted a '78 for a long time now - higher compression engine and all. Will put a larger 1100H tank on it :-) Pair of doggles (doggie goggles) for my hounds and we're off 'n' huntin'! Have a lady friend visiting next onth for a road trip - would be a great way to travel. . . she's not a rider, the sidecar might be more comfortable for her than the padded queen seat on my MNS. Will post pics if/when I purchase.

best,
    -patrick
    Last edited by mixelpix; 09-24-2007, 11:21 PM.
    Your Mileage May Vary

Have not a clue what side cars are worth.
    $2,800.00 for a XS with 100K though, even with the car sounds pretty steep to me. Then agin I'm chee...er... frugal...and it's worth is directly related to how much you are willing to pay.

mro
    pics would be cool
    we should have a Bay Area Meet and Greet.
    Maybe even invite DiverRay and Liberty

Comment

Someone paid way more than 2800 bucks just for that side car, if it looks good and runs good, I think you'll do ok on this deal.

Comment

Go for it!

Hi Patrick,
        check this out:-
        http://www.dauntlessmotors.com/Sidecars/kenna.htm
        As you can see, a new Kenna single costs $2795 and a double costs $3,895 plus up to a grand in extras plus another grand to get the thing installed for either sidecar.
        If the sidecar is in good shape you are getting the bike for next to nothing.
        And while I hesitated to say this in response to Wildkat's sidecar query, a sidecar is a great chick magnet.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Reverse gear

Hey Fred, I have trouble backing The Swiftcicle out of my garage and I couldn't imagine how hard it would be with a sidecar. Do you have some sort of reverse gear in/on your rig?

Dan
          Backward.
          Automotive Imbecile.
          Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
          '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
          1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

have a78xs/hitchiker no reverse, rolls easy..........fly

Comment

No backsies

Hi Dan,
              no reverse on my rig. Luckily my garage has a concrete floor and the drive has a gentle downslope so I simply sit on the rig, fire it up, give one shove with my foot to start it moving and it rolls gently backwards down the drive. One thing a sidecarist learns real quick is never park anywhere that you can't drive away from going forward. Mind you it's easier to back up a rig than to back up a big heavy solo.
              With a rig you can stand in front and shove on the bars with both hands, secure in the knowledge that the pig can't fall over.
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

thanks everyone!

Am hoping to have a look/test ride today. Thanks for the price breakdown - I agree re: the... er, magnetic properties. Heh. Am also a cheap bast- frugal customer, but my wallet near flew out of my pocket when I saw the sale advert :-)

Can't wait to report back good news!
                Your Mileage May Vary

Comment

Originally posted by mro
                  we should have a Bay Area Meet and Greet.
                  Maybe even invite DiverRay and Liberty
                  Definitely. I am working up in Cloverdale most days of the week, but I would totally be down to roll with an XS crew!
                  Your Mileage May Vary

Comment

dude sold it out from under me. didn't even give me a chance to make a counter offer. gave me every assurance he'd hold it - i was even paying cash.
                    Your Mileage May Vary

Comment

I hate it when people do that. We have classifieds here at work and I don't even try to buy stuff because they will sell it out from under you without even thinking about it.

What kinda hounds you got? I've thought that would be a blast to take mine hunting around the neighborhood/countryside that way too. I have 5 Whippets, and they love two wheeled contraptions.
                      Randy

"I didn't break it! IT FAILED!"

'82 XJ1100 "yamama"
                      '09 Buell Ulysses
                      '01 HD softail std - crunched

Comment

Working...
                      X