Swirls and slots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirls and slots

I just picked up an "organ donor" '81 XS midnight and I think the swirl rims and the slotted brake rotors would look nice on my 79 special. Has anyone done the swap? any problems?
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to eat for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

79 SF, 82 MNS (parts bike) XJ650 (don't know yet)

should fit right on unless the axle DIA was changed but i can't think of a reason for them to do that.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Bolt 'em on and ride it.

Comment

Hey offroad,

Don't listen to these alleged experts!!!

Those slotted rotors will not only ruin your bike, they have harmonics that the IRS pick up on. (They have special vans with radar- like protuberances) They will storm your home and go through you like a dose of salts. You'll end up on the street selling matches in the snow.

Best thing to do is get those evil slotted rotors out of the Country.

As a gesture of friendship, I humbly submit my address, and I'll even pay the postage!

Let's stick it to 'The Man'

Dan.
        Criminal.
        Automotive Imbecile.
        Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
        '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
        1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

My wife and I sat here laughing for a few minutes after I read her that response.... Sorry mate, no such luck. You can have the stock ones though!
          Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to eat for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

79 SF, 82 MNS (parts bike) XJ650 (don't know yet)

Comment

Hi FL4x4,

I have not swapped over to the "swirly" wheels, but have interchanged 16" and 17" rears, and there are (at least!) a couple of different versions of the brake "Torque Plate" to suit the different wheels. Each has its own set of spacers. If you keep all the bits with the wheel they came with , they all interchange fine. Fronts are easy!

AlanB
            If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

Working...
            X