owners manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owners manual?

does anyone know where i can get a copy of the owners manual for 79 xs1100sf. i don't need the actual book, just a scann or xerox would be fine. download would be best. i have searched and found nothing. just think it would be interesting to read. if you have ever read the owners manual for your car i bet you would find out you car has options you did not know about.
    79' XS1100SF

check here http://www.repairmanualclub.com/index.php

got to sign up and download it. got mine from here
    79 xs1100f- standard- $50.00 runner

Comment

they only have the G/SG i need/want the F/SF. thanks though, thats agreat sight. anyone else know or have what i am looking for. even a fax if someone would be so kind and copy theres and send it, PLEASE.
      79' XS1100SF

Comment

sorry my mistake, they have the H/SH NOT the G/SG
        79' XS1100SF

Comment

Hey Troy,

IF what you found was a REPAIR manual, then you can at least look at an actual owner's manual....for the H/SH but it's pretty much the same for the earlier models, just a few differences in appearance, and in the actual repairs for them. Go to the LINKS section, from the main forum page, and look for owner's manual thread by me! It's PDF, about 6 MB with pictures and everything!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hey Raqumup,

PO obtained one for mine, don't know where but I think it was through a Yamaha dealer. Mine is Canadian model and the part number for the manual is 3H4 28199 70 (probably 3H3 28199 70 for US models) covers the SF model for 79, first printed in Sept 1978. Manual is about 9" by 5" and has 140 pages! Its petty good reading, lots of useful info.

I did a quick search to see if the part number turns up anywhere but I haven't had any success yet. Gotta get work right now, I'll try again when I get a minute.

Ernie
            Ernie
            79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
            (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

Useful info

I just dug out the owners manual for my bike. I flipped over to the memo page at the back of the book and it turns out the PO picked up the bike on March 8th, 1990 with only 1820kms on the clock!

Makes me wonder what happened in the first 12 years of it's life, not a great deal it seems.

Mine must be one of the oldest manuals having been printed in January, 1978. Any older ones out there?

Dan
              Bibliophile.

ps
              Mine is in English, French and German. Is this common?
              217 pages
              Part Number 2H9-28199-80
              Last edited by Stralya; 09-25-2007, 05:29 AM.
              Automotive Imbecile.
              Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
              '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
              1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

I do believe I have what you need!! I picked up a parts bike years ago and I got the manual for it, which I don't need since I have a G model. Lemme scope it out and see what year it is for. I know its for a Special and am almost positive its for a "79. If thats the case, the price of postage will get it for ya.

BTW, welcome to the site. There is a ton of information here and everyone is very willing to help. Check the tech tips and do searches 'cause most anything that can happen to these bikes has been addressed.
                When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Hey Strayla,

As I'm in Canada mine is only in English and French. Guess it depends on the market the bike was sent to. If mine is in two languages at 140 pages and yours in three at 217 pages sounds like they would only need 70 pages per language.

Isn't 2H9 the European model or is it specific to Austrailia?
                  Ernie
                  79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
                  (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

Hi Guys,

2H9 came to Europe/UK. Some differences to 2H7 (USA).

2H9 has black engine, pegs further to rear, with a gear linkage pivoted on the side casing, etc....

AlanB
                    If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

webbcraft2150. i will take that manual if you don't mind. that would be awsome. just let me know
                      79' XS1100SF

Comment

Working...
                      X