Ebay Thief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Thief

I just want to warn you all against buying from a dishonest dealer on ebay.

I tried to buy a petcock adaptor from thriplethreat1969 at his site XSCafe, and he took my money and never sent the item. I finally bought the adapter from Pingle online, then sent a request for a refund.

I sent this guy several emails, and warned him that I was about to leave negative feedback, and I finally did leave bad feedback. He responded on feedback, posting that he had refunded my money..that's a lie...he has not refunded a penny.

I was contacted by another member the next day who also got burned, and he told me that XSCafe had closed up shop.

Well, he is back, as metric classics, and I just messaged another ebay member who also left negative feedback (he bought the same item I did, a petcock adapter). In fact he is not only back, but if you view his items, he still has the XSCafe logo all over the place.

I am making it my mission to spread the word about this guy to every forum out there for XS400s, 650s, 750s, 850s, and us here at XS11.com to trust this guy at their own peril.

You can view my feedback on ebay as member SirGuy58 if you wish, then lookup triplethreat1968 and decide for yourself who is trustworthy.

I want him out of business.

Sincerely,

Guy
    Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Duly noted.

Thanks for the heads up!

Dan.
    Automotive Imbecile.
    Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
    '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
    1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Speak of the DEVIL ... I bought my EBC Rotors from this guy in a private transaction and after lunching a dispute with Pay pal he finally responded . Gave me a story about having just got his lights and heat turned back on. Anyway I did receive the rotors but one was wrong. That was 60 days ago and I gave up on him. He does not return e-mails and pretty much hides.
      I contacted EBC directly just the other day and they are shipping me the replacement rotor A.S.A.P. free of charge. Thanks god EBC is doing the right thing.
      His site is pure XS
      SO .. in a nut shell ... Don't buy anything from this guy ... end of story.
      Rob
      Last edited by 79XS11F; 09-15-2007, 06:50 AM.
      KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
      1978 XS500E
      1979 XS1100F Restored
      1980 XS1100 SG
      1981 Suzuki GS1100
      1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
      1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Been taken as well!

I believe that I've been screwed by this guy as well! I paid well over a month ago for a cable and have not even heard as much as a peep from this guy! This is in regards to the ebay thief! Definately don't buy from xs750cafe.com for he does not respond to emails.
        Last edited by krauscouf; 09-15-2007, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Not sure why this started a new thread and didn't end up as a reply to the ebay thief post!

Comment

You hit the "New Thread" button instead of the "Send Reply".
            "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Merged into original thread....hope this arsehole doesn't get anyone else....
              80 XS1100SG
              81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Be sure to file a complaint with either PayPal or your credit card company. They'll get the money out of the bastard.

Geezer
                Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Hmmm. Maybe we need a section on vendors that we can post good and bad stuff about them. The only bad experience I have had on Ebay was a was real slow shipping on a transmission valve I had bought. Pitched a bitch to Ebay and Paypal, he shipped pretty quick after that. Oh yeah, the other bad experience is when SWMBO reads the credit card bill.
                  When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

This was only my second bad experience in about 7 years of using ebay.

I once bought a '78 Honda CM400A for $600 (still my girlfriend's bike) which supposedly only had a bad starter solenoid and no fuel petcock, but at least he shipped it. I ended up needing to buy another CM400A (salvage) for $200 to make one complete bike....

Not to say I haven't paid too much for something on occasion, but that's on me...you really have to research your buys. For instance I recently paid $49 for a set of bar end signals which are exactly the same as the ones sold by Mike's XS for $29. But I consider that to be my bad, not the vendor. He never said his were the cheapest, and didn't misrepresent the product or fail to ship.

Sincerely,
                    Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

Another thing to do is CONFIRM that the part is in fact discontinued before paying the same price as the new, and still available part sells for. "Rare" can also be a matter of opinion.
                      Rob
                      KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                      1978 XS500E
                      1979 XS1100F Restored
                      1980 XS1100 SG
                      1981 Suzuki GS1100
                      1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                      1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Ebay's would-be buyers ...

I've not burned by Ebay sellers, just been asked a bunch of really silly & stupid questions and endured a LOT of WASTED TIME. Also I'm getting fed up with their HIGH fees and scam artists who send fake emails!!!

WEEK ONE: Was selling my custom XS850 Gunfighter project with over $3600 in it for only $1550 - had 2 guys show up within a week of each other who hemmed & hawed over a ridiculously low price for a gorgeous, fully customized, bike. One married guy wimped out on a BUY-IT-NOW ... he did send me $75 later, but the 2 relists cost me two weeks at over $100! And my custom XS never did sell on Ebay!

WEEK TWO: One dude- "loser #2" arrived 2 hours late on a Sunday, dressed in shorts and shower clogs, said he hadn't been on a bike since he was a teenager!

So I'm not listing any more stuff on Ebay: they charge too much to list items & then charge WAY too much IF you sell it. Then there's the question of their wimpy policies covering non-performers and non-shippers. So do yourself a favor, don't do business with Ebay, find a different, less troublesome, path. Rob
                        79 XS11 Standard F stock "Big N Blue"

Comment

ebay

i have had good and bad experiances with ebay but if you want to sell or buy something i suggest craigs list www.craigslist.com they have listings from most major cities and u deal direct with the seller no fees or charges either buying or selling it's where i found my xj and several other items and is my first look when wanting something new www.craigslist.com
                          "82 xj1100 ( the blind rat)

Comment

The only bad thing about Craigslist is you might be buying stolen goods. On the flip side, I've had nothing but good luck on Craigslist.
                            Once in a while Amazon has some good stuff also.
                            Ebay,,, you gotta check the feedback, and do your research.
                            Easy Bro's
                            If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself..

Comment

The only bad thing about Craigslist is you might be buying stolen goods.
                              Surely you run the same risk buying from ebay
                              Tom
                              1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
                              1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
                              1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
                              1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

Working...
                              X