ultrasonic cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultrasonic cleaning

i have an ultrasonic cleaner at work... and i have read alot about doing that for carbs.
    i have a set to be redone and i could take them apart and drop them in.

when i was a survival training instructor in the navy we used them in the dive locker to clean rusted bolts... hhmmm maybe i'll throw my master cylinder in there and get the piston unstuck... or would that be bad???
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

It's only water, right? I don't think it would hurt any thing.

Comment

hhmmm i wonder if i could put my side covers in there minus the plastic insert??? it's big enough to fit???? i might run over and try it. also i could use or cmm to measure the floats to set them within .0001 mm's.

i work as the nighttime supervisor in one of toyota's quality labs. we take apart and test things. toyota. and we make a couple items for chrysler as well.
      " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
      8mm msd wires
      tkat fork brace...
      Fox shocks...
      mikes650 front fender
      led's gallore...
      renthal bars
      gold valve emulators
      vmax tensioner
      Rifle fairing

Comment

well didn't work like i expected. it did get all the dirt off though. but i was only using a mild soap solution. as far as i know we have never even used this thing. i don't know if dayshift has any other solution anywhere else that i havent found but it said there is a stonger one that will "attack" the corrosion on aluminum. maybe i'll just stick with the 100 and 200 grit for now.

79 xs11 standard
        8mm msd wires
        tkat fork brace...
        Fox shocks...
        mikes650 front fender
        led's gallore...
        renthal bars
        gold valve emulators
        vmax tensioner
        Rifle fairing

Comment

Working...
        X