Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update

Hey All,

DiverRay stopped in at my house this past Saturday and worked his mojo on my carbs. What a difference! Not only does my bike run better, I also have a wealth of new knowledge on this beast.

I tip my hat to Ray! Here's a guy who doesn't know me from Adam, but was willing to take time out of his vacation/ride to help a guy out. Again I say, thank you. There aren't a lot of guys out there like you and I appreciate your help and wisdom.

I'd say she's about 95% of the way there. This morning I put a full can of Seafoam in, then filled up with Chevron. Idle is perfect, and sweeping from 1k to 5k is much better. I still get a little resistence at 5k to 6k, but at least I can now feel the powerband kick in.

Oh, and after riding Ray's 79, I absolutely have to find a Kerker 4-to-1 for mine. What a tasty exhaust note!

K
    Last edited by capnkirk; 09-10-2007, 09:28 PM.
    -- 1980 XS1100 Eleven Special

-- There's no such thing as bad weather. Only inappropriate clothing.

Hey Capnkirk, You are kinda close to me down here in Grants Pass, Oregon, so to speak considering some of these members put 3500 miles on the odometer for a casual get together.

I am new to this forum and membership thing. I rode Norton Commandos from High School up to the 80's and my younger brother actually bought an identical Black XJ1100J Maxim like mine new in 1982. My Norton sure seemed old fashioned at that point. But weighing under 400lbs and being able to lean over until the pegs hit in the turns, out the backroads the Jap Bikes couldn't keep up. That is until they started making the crotchrockets.

I have not met any members yet, but from the help on the XS/XJ forums and the members I have already got, I agree, these guys are the Best.
    Gary Luckin
    '78 XS1100E Full Dress
    '74 DT175A Enduro
    '86 Husqvarna 400XC Cross Country
    My Avatar is "Rolle Free"
    breaking the speed record in 1948
    check this out;
    http://outside.away.com/outside/destinations/200701/utah-bonneville-salt-flats-motorcycle_1.html

Comment

Working...
    X