pulsar primary coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulsar primary coil

I was wondering what the difference between a Pulsar primary coil and a regular stock primary coil is ? Is it really worth paying the extra for the difference?

James
    BDF Special
    80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
    Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Hey Tinman,

Not sure what you're talking about? The Pickup coils are called pulsar coil assemblies. They are a bit pricey from Yamaha/Bikebandit new!

Or are you talking about the Ignition high tension coils for the spark plugs?? I know there are some fancy ignition systems (ie. MSD) that promote their feature of pulsing the spark generating pulses for each normally single spark event!

SO...a little more clarification on what you are looking at would be helpful!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I thought there were two types of primary coils available for the vacuum advance. A regular or a pulsar type that would provide a better spark on the plug.
      BDF Special
      80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.

Comment

Maybe I have worded it wrong "pick up coils" is what I am referring too.
        BDF Special

Comment

They're both the same thing and there's only one type.
          XS 1100 LG

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up.
            BDF Special

Comment

Working...
            X