xj1100 CDI information needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xj1100 CDI information needed

Looking for information of the Hitachi CDI unit on a xj1100. Have a Hitachi (TID14-06 5G2-10). Was told it was from an 82 xj1100, but doing some looking around the web, it looks like it might be for a xj750. Can someone please email me with any info on it. Would gladly sell it to a xj11 member that needs one if it is for a xj11. Have the rectifier for the same bike also. Thanks, Dennis
    cycledog52@yahoo.com
    Dennis

I'm not sure what you've got there, Dennis, but you might try searching through the on-line fiche information at Bike Bandit

Looking at a few ignition units, the Yamaha numbering convention seems to go like this: xxx-82305-10-00 (where xxx changes with particular years and models)

For instance:
    1981 XS1100 'H is 4R0-82305-10-00
    1982 XJ1100 is 10M-82305-10-00 , and
    1982 XJ750 is 5G2-82305-10-00
    Ken Talbot

Comment

xs11 cdi unit info

Thanks Ken - Will try the bike bandit website. Looks like it just might be a xj750 cdi unit from your info. It's a much smaller unit than the xs11's. Thanks again for the quick reply. Appreciate it!!
      Dennis
      Dennis

Comment

Dennis,

I pulled out my XJ1100 manual and looked at the microfiche disk and the closest thing that I see is the T.C.I. Unit which has a number TID14-10 Hitachi If my understanding of the XJ11 is right the 10 indicates that it is a part of that model and year. So yours maybe from another model. That is not professional advice just someone learning to look through his book.

dave
        82 XJ1100 "Resurrected"
        Riding with the Son

Comment

xj11 hitachi cdi/tci unit

Thanks Dave - I think your info is correct. This cdi/tci unit is for a xj750. Tried looking in bike bandit for info, but there server was having problems, so will have to try later. Thanks for looking at your info, and sharing it. Appreciate your reply and your time. Have a great new years everyone!!! Dennis
          Dennis

Comment

Working...
          X